Texas A&M COE Chances

I will graduate with a 6.56 GPA. (3.85 GPA) rank (152/832) top Quarter. 1350 (730 Math) SAT & 28 ACT
I have taken all Honors and K level that were offered and took the Engineering STEM. I have 6 Dual Credit classes I am taking this year as a senior and have played sports all 4 years (Football 1 year & Baseball 4 years) as well as working. Cutting grass the past 4 years for neighbors and Umpiring Softball. I was the Presidents Award recipient. I have volunteer hours though not a ton, but have been very active with my youth group and young life at church. I am also a Black belt in Taekwondo that took 5 years of commitment to achieve. I have great Letters of recommendations and I feel my essay is very strong. I applied back in august and account says in review. Just wondering what my chances of getting into A&M are?

While your test scores aren’t quite where they need to be, they are solid. The rest of your app shows how well rounded you are. I think you have a solid chance of getting an acceptance of some sort, either full or an academy. Know your options before they come out. Good luck!!!

Your chances are good for getting in, but it’s never a guarantee with this school. It’s a lot harder if you’re coming from out of state. Be sure to cast a wide net at ABET accredited schools.

Thanks for your response…I have worked so hard and really am freaking out that I am not auto-admit. I just struggle with the reading/english side of tests, but my Math side is very strong. I’m hoping they take that into consideration. I barely missed auto so now I retook the ACT also…Hoping for a 30!

Hang in there! Keep us posted. YOu can also take residual ACT at TAMU campus if you’re close enough. It’s a great option, especially when you’re close to a 30!!! It’s graded within a day and only counts for TAMU. They get the results right away. The only downside is it’s more expensive AND you cannot write on the test.

Anyone know when we should here from admission if Im under review? I submitted my app early and it still says under review?