Texas A&M decisions? Class of 2023

Hello everyone! I applied at the end of October to the business school and have heard nothing… I read that Mays might be full already and I’m going to be considered for my second choice major, is that true? Has anyone heard back from A&M specifically Mays???

It has been widely reported that Mays is full. This thread is where admission decisions are discussed. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2088998-tamu-class-2023-admission-decisions.html#latest

@lemongirl5675 Mays is full. If accepted into TAMU, they will place you in 2nd choice major. Only Engineering reviews candidates specifically for admission, so unless your 2nd choice major is full too, that is where you will go but can always ask to change it (not into Mays though, lol).

I’m so sad to hear only 2,000 review admits. My daughter is Ist Q with 3.91 GPA and 28 ACT at highly competitive private school. She has over 200 volunteer hours and is hoping for Animal Science, but would take anything.

Does any have an opinion if she may still be a candidate for full admit or are they already done with the full admit review decisions? She applied in July. She won’t go to Blinn. So sad ?

@Bellarie2828 Yes, I think she does have a chance at full admit. 28 ACT is border but that’s what my son had last year. So your daughter won’t consider TEAM or Gateway? If she really wants TAMU and animal science, I would push her a bit on the decision if comes to that. Animal Science at TAMU is a fantastic program and TEAM is nothing less than full admit. She doesn’t have to do 2 full years there. She can apply as soon as she’s ready.

Here is what Admissions just sent me via email…

We are expecting to have our decisions completed by the first week of March. This has been a moving target based on the record number of applications this year, and our staff is doing everything it can to keep pace with this timeline. I realize it is an anxious time as folks are waiting for a decision, and I appreciate your patience with us as we are releasing decisions as quickly as we are able.