Texas A&M Early Action (Engineering Only) for Fall 2022 Admission

Texas A&M University offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

• The Fall Early Action Deadline for Engineering majors only is October 15.
  • The application deadline for Fall is December 1. All other required documents will be accepted through December 15.
  • Spring application dates differ for incoming International Freshman.
  • If the deadline falls on a weekend, the application will remain open until 11:59 pm (Central Standard Time) on the following Monday. This does not apply to the Early Action Deadline for engineering. Additional required documents will be accepted until 5:00 pm (Central Standard Time) on that Monday.

(Source)

For more information visit the Texas A&M University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Texas A&M applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Texas A&M University? Why Texas A&M? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Texas A&M topics visit the texas-aandm-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Texas A&M Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

It is my understanding that Texas A&M does not do any Early Action* or Early Decision in Admissions, so I question the need for this pinned post.

*That being said, it is my understanding that for Engineering majors only, applications received by October 15th are considered “Early Action”. So, is this Engineering only? If so, should it not so state?

1 Like

It does but just not in the title of thread. But I can see how that could be misleading. You are correct that all other majors don’t have this BUT the earlier you apply the better since majors will fill up even for automatic applicants.

Howdy! We were told on our Engineering tour, for those students who met the EA 10/15 deadline, that decisions would be out by the middle of December. Should we read anything into not hearing yet? Should we brace ourselves for non-admits? We’ve already missed scholarship deadlines at another U because we don’t want to commit yet.

Definitely don’t over think it (I’m the worst at that). Most engineering heard in December and then others were told they would hear back in January. In January, they gave options to choose waitlist for cstat/galveston/blinn teab. A lot of chose all 3 and heard back as late as March (maybe April, but I can’t remember final offers). Students who chose TeaB or Galveston only heard back super quick. Like within a week.

So, not hearing by now, is a non event. Hang in there!

1 Like

Thank you very, very much. I do overthink issues, and TAMU is a huge one. Besides having two healthy children and marrying my husband, I don’t think I’ve ever wanted anything as much as DS22 becoming an Aggie.

2 Likes

A lot of “automatic” kids have heard back already from engineering but don’t let that scare you because they will roll acceptances out over time. Some hear in Dec and some even hear in April. But I do hope you got the application in early because it really does help.

1 Like

Thank you! He did receive his acceptance last Friday.

2 Likes

Below is pulled from Metrics for this years entering Freshman. It is as close to what we can expect this year as Tests are optional and only Top 10% are guaranteed. College Station, Undergraduate, First Time at level,

It shows raw up top and acceptance rate and yield below by major… issues with numbers:

1. There is a delta between majors and total undergraduates… there are some majors/programs I left out.
  2. If you don’t get your first pick and they offer a 2nd choice it is PROBABLY counted as applied to 2nd major and not 1st…
  3. I would bet that any Engineer options outside of full time College Station, but in College Station are part of accepted and enrolled… (guess)
  4. Flame away.

1 Like

Never having contemplated all this data, it’s eye opening to me to think TAMU anticipates 3,580 in the freshman class and that they predict only 50% of the auto admits but 60% of the non-autos to enroll.

It’s because the auto admits typically have a lot of other offers but the non auto admits are dying to get into TAMU. At least that’s my experience at my high school. It makes sense. What stands out to me is how many freaking people they take. It’s ridiculously huge.

Oh, I totally agree! My son’s HS seniors apply all over the country and internationally. Last year’s seniors were accepted at 244 separate colleges and universities. Whether they look at A&M as a safety or a real contender, who knows.

I’m guessing many of the students who are accepted into the major they want at UT also applied to Tamu as a backup, especially since many who get accepted to UT don’t get offered the major they want.

2 Likes