Texas A&M Engineering Honors

Hi!,

So, I just started this thread so that we could have somewhere to connect and meet as there doesn’t seem to be one yet.

I’ll be applying for computer science but I don’t know if I’ll be staying in honors dorms. Are they a lot nicer than normal dorms?

The only “honors dorms” are for university honors, but if you mean the engineering community thing, I’m pretty sure you hear about that when you confirm your housing

My son is a freshman Engineering Honors student at A&M, and he lives in Mosher with the other engineers. (He’s also hoping to be a CS major.) The Engineering Honors learning community is in Mosher. The Commons was recently updated so it is very nice. The dorm rooms themselves are pretty common, nothing fancy about them. He has enjoyed living there and made lots of friends. He says it has helped to have lots of people to study with. Hope that helps!

@tejasgal - How many honors classes did your son take, and how is his GPA? Our scholarship requires a 3.5 GPA which scares me (the parent) a little.