Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

Hey guys! Figured I’d get a discussion started since I haven’t seen one. I am curious about my chances of getting in so here we go…

I attended a community college for a year and then a 4 year. My GPA combined is a 2.47

@lovepink002 How many credits do you have? You have to have at least a 2.5 to be considered for review. What college/major are you trying to get into? If you go to transfer course sheets under admissions, you can choose what college & major you’re interested in and it will tell you the minimum GPA. More than likely they will ask for you spring grades based on your GPA now.

Hi I was wondering what my chances are:

GPA: 2.8
Majors: 1st: forestry 2nd: wildlife and fisheries
Credits: 70

Also, is it even worth applying/do I have a shot if I am currently in academic probation at my current school? Thanks.

Might as well join. I just completed my first semester of college at a community college (Blinn Bryan campus actually). During high school I took dual credit, so to date I have 28 hours completed. My combined GPA is a 3.15 and my first choice major is international studies, while my second is anthropology. All the classes I’ve taken are basics that fit into my major’s required courses.

Ok guys, so I will have a cumulative GPA of a 3.5 and I’m applying for computer science as my first choice major and second choice major as computer engineering (computer science track). I also have two solid recommendation letters with 4 extracurricular activities related to computer science. Based of the recommend coursework sheet, I will have Math 2413 completed and a programming course completed to. What are my chances like based of my stats? I am applying for transfer admission for fall 2017

Thanks

Have any of you already submitted your admission application?

I have!

The admissions office is gonna be backed up for a bit

@Madi5077 I submitted mine too. We have the same choice of major, only my first choice is Anthropology and my second is International Studies. I think you have a good chance because your GPA is above the minimum. I’m worried about mine though because I’m right at the minimum, but I do have most of my classes completed that are on the transfer course sheet. Did you apply for summer or fall?

@ps2116 Funny that we have the same major! I applied for Fall. I have most classes completed too except for my foreign language. I’m taking Spanish I this spring and Spanish II this summer though.

@ps2116 hmmmm it looks like it didn’t include everything on my first post, but I have 33 hours. And I want to apply for ag comm/journalism and I can’t decide on my second choice rn. And I emailed admissions and they said I will probably be asked to send my spring grades.

@rishi_patel I didn’t know they still accept recommendation letters for admission…Where do u send them to?

@navyag2019 yeah there’s some freshman that still haven’t received an admission answer yet. My sister applied for freshman admission in October and hasn’t heard back yet.

@lovepink002 Yah you can. If you have received your AIS login. Click the my documents tab, and then click the button where it says upload documents. From there, you can upload your recommendation letters and any other supporting documents.

Any computer science transfers?

?

Anyone majoring in anything in architecture?

Hi! I am current freshman and just finished my first semester at Baylor with a 3.6 GPA. I completed MIS 1305 (A and a Baylor course), BUS 1201 & 1101 (both A and Baylor Courses), MATH 142 (B+), POLS 206 (A-), and ECON 202 (B). I have one credit from a community college as well for ENG which I received an A in. I’m planning on transferring to Blinn for the Spring 2017 semester with hopes to be accepted into A&M for the Fall 2017 semester. I am applying to the Economics program in the school of Liberal Arts, and I was just curious what my chances are of being accepted next fall, or if anyone else has successfully transferred with similar stats. I have a feeling my chances are fairly low, but I thought I would ask anyway.

From what I’ve heard, you’ll be fine. I’m also hoping to transfer into a Liberal Arts major and apparently we have the best chances of getting into our specific college. Your GPA is higher than others I’ve seen get accepted into Econ.

Good luck to everyone who already applied! How’s yalls app status coming along? My app says still incomplete; but It looks like they still haven’t received transcripts to one of my previous colleges.