Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

@Kimberlytori yeah that makes sense. They asked for my spring grades too, so I won’t have a decision until summer /:

@lovepink002 Same. It definitely sucks but it’ll be worth the wait once we hear back again!

Anyone accepted to Nutrition??? I have a 3.6 GPA and 40 transferable hours as a freshmen. I am currently taking bio 1 and chem 1, going to take chem 2 in the summer, with bio 2 and both necessary maths done. Everyone says I should have no problem getting in, but I don’t know because of science classes.

@eaust12 if you have the required courses done then you should have no problem. If you have some in progress they might ask for your spring grades.

They put a lot of emphasis on required courses for majors. Like you could have a high GPA and be denied b/c you don’t have the required courses done.

Just curious…my daughter is going to go to Blinn Fall 2017, she has 21 hours of DC classes going in. How long do you have to wait till you can transfer? I see it says 24 graded transferable hours but can she apply her 1st (Fall 2017)semester to go into Spring 2018 or would she need to wait and apply for Fall 2018?

@TAMUMOM72 it depends on your degree and what classes they require to transfer. I graduated May 2016 and am starting my second semester at blinn this spring. For my degree I needed both semesters to complete certain classes I needed. I was accepted to A&M for Fall 2017

@cmaggiemom Not yet. Sadly, he just applied. Late. Pulling for your son!. I know the wait is tough. I thought decisions didn’t come until April in all Engineering?

@cmaggiemom 3.8 with 34 hours after this semester. And finishing his calculus this semester. Was expecting to get deferred. Fingers crossed.

Does receiving your tabs have any significance? I didnt receive a decision yet

I just got admitted!! I applied the January 26th and went into review almost 2 weeks ago. I was so nervous because I’m OOS. Good luck everyone!

@wesbest congrats!! What major and what are your stats?

@BillytheCaper Yes if you receive your tabs in howdy, your decision is coming soon! And it will be positive!

I was told by the deans office that they will start reviewing Construction Science applications the first week of March. @TXag2017spring

@TAMUMOM72 as Madi5077, says, it depends on the major. Blinn also may not offer upper level courses for her major that will transfer if she claims that many credits. 24 graded hours would be just one year but it is the fulfillment of the required classes that is what matters.
Here is a link to the Transfer Course Sheets for all majors. It will show you what she needs to have complete in order to transfer from anywhere and all GPA requirements. https://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors

I would call Blinn CC and ask them about her Dual Credit courses. I know excessive DC hours (more than 45) may limit participation in alternative admission programs.
http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/coursework

@TAMUMOM72 I just read that must have 24 hours completed BEFORE applying as a transfer student, with 12 hours being post high school. So, it seems it would be possible after one semester if everything else aligns.

I just got admitted today as well but for Nuclear Engineering.

Hello Guys!
My major changed from mechanical engineering to electrical engineering (my second choice major) today which does not surprised me because it is really hard to make it to mechanical. However, I did have a 4.0 and a total of 58 credit hours and a member of phi theta kappa. I am just a little impatient I was thinking of going to campus and ask a couple of questions. Does the changing of majors a sign of a response to come?

@ToniMonte Do u know if engineering majors are starting to make decisions? Like they kept saying April is when they will do it by, but apparantely a lot are hearing back

Late applying. Any tips on the letters of recommendations- who they should be from?

@lakeconroemom it doesn’t matter who wrote it. They look at all of them the same.