Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

@ToniMonte on my AIS it says that if your 1st and 2nd choice change because it’s part of the admissions process, but I’ve heard it’s a good sign b/c they’re reviewing you for your second choice. Have you finished all the required courses?

Also, I’m surprised engineering is hearing back this early! The website says that they don’t make decisions until after the deadline (March 1st) :blush:

I found out about this time last year for Comp Eng

@SystemAddict Do you by any chance know if computer science comes out as this time maybe to? If u knew anyone that got those answers sooner then April or May because that’s what the counselor, David is saying but I hope it’s not true and they release decisions for CS faster

Decisions aren’t released all at once and aren’t made in order received necessarily. You will see most departments make their decisions in batches. I don’t know how that applies to international and OOS. CS is in the College of Engineering, so you will see a ton of engineers get accepted together hroughout the next couple of months until about June being some of the latest. All the posts are saved, so I’m sure you can look for patterns there.

@lovepink002 No, i actually have not finish my physics which i am pretty sure that is why i did not make it to mechanical. However, i would be done with everything by the summer. I actually think it would be a miracle if they do accept me for electrical at this point. But since one of the advisers at A&M suggested for me to apply and give it a shot i went ahead and apply.

@lovepink002 Oh and i actually finished all of my calculus and chemistry already, and i am currently taking differential equations. The only thing i am missing is physics which is the most important.

@rishi_patel No I don’t know if they are already giving decisions because i actually thought the engineering majors would get an answer after the deadline, but for some reason some people are already getting decisions.

Does anyone know if it is a good idea to go talk to the advisers directly at the campus?

@ToniMonte Yeah that makes sense! They defiantly require that you have Physics done for engineering! Sooo they might be reviewing you for your second choice and they might ask for spring grades.

And TAMU has regional admissions centers in Texas and they have advisors there if you have questions.

Update. Got denied as first choice major (Biology), which I expected due to not having cal 2 complete (which I plan on taking in june. Got deferred saying to send in my spring grades for psychology which was my 2nd choice. But I really am debating on just taking another semester at community college so I can get accepted as what I want to do which is bio, I don’t know how hard it is to switch majors from the liberal arts to the college of science.

Got declined today for Nutrition. Had a 3.7 GPA and 40 transferable hours. However, I am taking two of the sciences I need currently and a third in the summer. My lack of sciences screwed me.

Yeah they HEAVILY emphasize on having the required courses done. I also have to send in my spring grades, but it takes forever to hear back! :frowning:

Waiting this long is so frustrating TBH. I still haven’t even gotten a answer for my first choice major even though I’m part of the engineering school while other engineering majors heard back on soemthing at least

Would you rather be denied? Take it as a good thing you are still in the running!

@SystemAddict What were your stats like when you got accepted into computer engineering last year? And what courses. So I have 26 transferable hours for computer science and a 3.50 overall GPA with Calculas 1 completed and a programming course completed. I have two rec letters and both essays done with many extracurricular activities? How do my chances look?

Got my decision today and was told to send my spring semester grades in for another review. I applied for Sport Management with 1/4 required courses and a 3.69 GPA. I expected this since I will have all required courses done at the end of this semester. Best of luck to all of you!

/]anybody a biology major here?

So I’ve just received access to AIS
Can someone tell me how I am supposed to submit my letters of reccomendation? Do I just upload them through the mydocuments section, or is there a way to send a request to my professors, similar to UT and commonapp?

@laura95 im majoring in biology

Hey @JeyLee What are your stats, I actuallly already got in this spring, my friend is trying to get in until next springs, let me know if you have any questions

@TobyDammit "Letter of Recommendation system found under the My Documents tab of the Applicant Information System (AIS). " so you upload them on “my documents” on ais