Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

Did everyone submit high school transcripts as a transfer student? The website at TAMU checklist said “if admitted” you would need to submit the HS transcript. I don’t believe my S sent his. Although they should have it from when he applied as a freshman, and didn’t get in. Anyone know?

I did even before admitted, it makes the process faster, let me know if you have any questions I got in spring 17 . I was a transfer and turned all transcripts in before so I felt finalized.

I would send over ASAP, using speede, the fastest method. Don’t worry about when it gets there, but I advise you to do it. @lakeconroemom

@laura95 cool! What was your major and stats?

@lovepink002 hi

From Community College at Lonestar
Total credits taken- 84
Total credits earned-72
Total credits transferred- 62

Biology Major
Overall Gpa 3.2
Gpa3.5

I retook Bio 1 I got a C, C then A
I dropped chem2 once so I have W, retook and got a B
I retook Calc 1 once and retook, so D to C

I was in softball team in high school, both outside of school and inside of school, and a summer swim team

I only had a total of 41 hours of volunteer service which both included highschool and CC

Also mentioned 5 different awards/achievements ex presidents list and MVP in softball team

@laura95 thanks. Guess we’ll be hitting the HS first thing Monday. Deadline 3/1. Yikes.

I got admitted to Mays Business school. Just wanted to get the word out that they are accepting applicants now.

@lakeconroemom from what I gather, the HS transcript for transfer students is there only to verify that the student has graduated high school.

@TobyDammit yea they just need it in file though so they still need to send it

@laura95 yes, from what I understand you can submit the HS transcript even after the deadline. The HS transcript isn’t required for the admission application.

@TobyDammit this is good to know. I was stressing abt it getting there bf 3/1. Thanks!

@NapkinWarrior if you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats?

@apolimis I don’t mind at all. I finished all the required coursework from University of Alaska Anchorage with a fairly low gpa of 3.4. ,but i think my saving grace was my extra curriculars. I founded a relatively succesful organization that rescues animals and I own an online business that grosses roughly $6,500 a month.

@NapkinWarrior Wow!! Congratulations!!!

You guys have been most helpful- so grateful for this forum. Another question. Does anyone know if referral letters will be accepted, post deadline application date of 3/1.

@lakeconroemom they will not
all documents must be in their offices by the deadline, or they will not be accepted. For recommendation letters, you can submit them two way. You can either mail them directly or upload them via AIS. I was uncomfortable reading the letters my professors had written for me, so I gave them my log in information to AIS, and had them upload it directly. If the professors are uncomfortable in doing that, and you’re getting too close to the deadline to mail it in directly, you can drop the letters to the prospective students centers they have around the state. Submission into those offices counts as getting it submitted on time. Hope that helped

@laura95 here is my stats

-from Lone Star college Cyfair
-total credits taken 88
-Credits earned 72
-Transferred credits 64
-overall GPA 3.34
-GPA 3.54
only have on C on my GOVT class
mostly A’s and B’s
No letter of recommendation
around 30 hours of volunteer.
member of PHI THETA KAPPA
In Tennis team in college

I think that’s all. They asked for my spring grades because I am taking Cal 2 which is required.

Greetings!

How long does it take for transcripts to process through AIS? I’m worried one of my transcripts won’t make it to the P.O. Box by today. At this point, it could arrive today, but not guaranteed because it’s being sent via first class mail from Ohio as of Monday. Thanks guys!

@CreativeScreenName call them and ask if they’ve received your transcript. They received my transcript two days before it cleared on AIS.

@TobyDammit I went ahead and called. Everything was good! Thank you for the suggestion!

Okay y’all I applied to Liberal Arts college, major in Political Science
My gpa is a 2.91 and I had letters of recommendation…
Think I have a good shot?