Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

@oliviaalexander Will do! Perhaps we will be classmates!

@ArchStudent2017 I hope so!

Hello everyone;

Has anyone heard a decision from EE or CEEN?
Has anyone here applied to those two majors?
It seems that this is going to take a while. My Audit was created on 2/17.
My first major is EE. I do have a 3.89 GPA, with 38 credits( currently)+ I’m taking ENG. PHYSICS II this spring, so in total I will have 42 credits, and 5 LOR and a good essay.
I have applied to UT Austin and UTSA also. UTSA has accepted me for EE already.
If you are applying to those two majors, please share your stats!

@tttttttttttamu19 Congrats! I cannot remember how soon after your tabs turn, the official acceptance arrives. But you are in! Keep us posted how long it took, once you got tabs- and then the notice.

Has anyone from the College of Science received an acceptance?? I’m a zoology major. My transfer audit says 81 transferable credits with a 3.51 GPA. I am so anxious and stressed waiting to hear something!

@lakeconroemom I got my tabs on Sunday, March 5th and my official acceptance today!!! GIG 'EM

So my brother applied as an aerospace engineering transfer from a Texas community college. Yesterday he got an email, from a professor in the AEng department, saying that his grades are very high (has a 3.8 GPA, great essays, impecable resume and impressive letters of recommendation) but he is still missing 3 classes he is taking this semester and to get back to him with his transcript as soon as he is done with this semester. We don’t know what to make of it. He replied right away to said professor, thanking him for considering him for admissions, etc. I’ve never seen this before (I went to college in California). Is it common in Texas, in A&M?

Have any of y’all receive scholarship offers yet? When do transfer students typically start to receive offers after being admitted.

Also, when you guys are saying how many required classes you have completed, are you counting the “additional coursework” at the bottom of the transfer course sheets? I have all of my required courses, but I’m in the process of taking 2 additional coursework classes. Do you think that will make them ask me for my spring grades?

@ZENgineer
Ok, I would’ve seen that coming if I were him. The reason is that Texas A&M care about two things apparently, Grades and Required courses.

@Roadhouse
That will depend on your grades in math and sciences if you’re applying for engineering and also your overall GPA.
Doing additional courses should be a PLUS on your file if you have competitive grades.

@Osaidmk1
I am applying for zoology. I have all the minimum grades required for my transfer. (B or better in chem. & biology) and my transfer audit GPA was 3.5.

Hi! @tttttttttttamu19. Would you mind sharing?? When was your application completion date? Your audit date?

Hi! @tttttttttttamu19. Would you mind sharing?? When was your application completion date? Your audit date?

@Akob2615 my application was completed on February 17, I got my audit on February 24, and accepted March 9.

Thank you!

Has anyone heard anything today? If no update by today, does anyone know if admissions will be dormant during spring break?

@Roadhouse
It’s still dependent on the competitiveness of your major this academic year.
As far as classes, as you said, you’re ready!
Now, it’s a matter of time to hear back, which is taking so long.
I really hope you get in!

@Akob2615
Nothing here!

I got my tabs!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: