Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

Question for y’all. I’m currently taking a class that is not required nor recommended for my transfer courses. The problem I’m having is deciding if I should drop the course or take a C. My GPA will be about a 3.5 at the end of this semester and I was told to wait for Spring grades. I will have all required courses and all but 1 additional courses done at the end of the semester. Would a C or a W will be better for my chances?

Hey guys, i have a question for y’all. My first choice major disappeared around spring break, since then my second choice has been the only major displayed on howdy and ais. This morning, my second choice went back to #2 and my #1 major is now University Studies. What does that mean?

I JUST GOT MY TABS

Was anyone got admitted to Mays today?

what does tabs mean?

@CordL5 I would drop. but i wanna know what others think

@CordL5 I would drop, so it won’t ruin your GPA.

@uniquename1 congrats!! What major?

@lovepink002 Economics, I asked them what the University Studies thing was about and they said they don’t know
lol! My stats were 3.5 gpa, 1 LOR, good essays, most of the prerequisites done but not all, which was surprising.

@uniquename1 lol that’s great! I have all my prerequisites done except for one

Congrats @uniquename1 That’s awesome! Has anyone else heard back? No change on ais for me since i got my audit in mid Feb, thinking about emailing or calling since its week 5 after deadline, but trying to make myself wait til mid April. I’m getting anxious that the major I want is full (Construction Sci) or filling up. Should I just be patient or go ahead and contact someone?

@mudboat I haven’t heard back. I applied for computer engineering. From what I read on TAMU’s website, for the college of engineering, they should start rolling out decisions this month. If your second choice major hasn’t changed to your first choice major then I think you’re alright. Plus, I’m not entirely sure that calling them to essentially tell them to hurry up and make their decision on whether or not to accept you would do any good. Just my opinion.

@theCZA thanks! I wouldn’t exactly word it that way, just ask for statistics. But I get what you’re saying. I know others have contacted them and I always wondered if that’s what they thought. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon. Good Luck!

I got my extra tabs today. How good of a sign is that? Thanks for any help

@mudboat I know what you mean but I still think thats how they would take it. I guess calling wouldnt hurt. Maybe something like “I was wondering when I could expect to hear back from the college of (___) in regards to my major Construction Science”

@getoffmylawn Nice congrats! What major? And from what I’ve heard, thats a good sign of getting accepted!

I applied to mays. Hope to get confirmation soon.

My acceptance letter was in ais. Good luck to everyone.

Still nothing for me yet. Anyone else?

@getoffmylawn Congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?

@aggiefall2017 Thanks!

GPA: 3.95
Credits: 66

First choice was Mays.
Second choice was something like sports management.

I applied on February 27 with academic fresh start. VP of Alpha Beta Gamma. Member of Phi Theta Kappa. Also, I am an instructor at local CC helping people get their CDL.