Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

Wanting to know more less what my chances are. I have 14 dual enrollment credits and 13 credits from my first semester. In total I have 27 hours with a 3.24 cumulative gpa. My first choice major is communications and second choice is political science

I have a 3.3 gpa with 45 credits at Sam Houston State and am applying for fall of 2017.
My first choice of major is Construction Science and my second choice of major is University Studies of Architecture. Anyone know my chances??

@lovepink002 I’m trying to get into Construction Science. My back up choice is Studies of Architecture.

@Camo58 I think your chances are good! Just write good essays!

@lovepink002 are you trying to do Architecture too?

Hey guys! About how long did it take y’all to get a AIS login after you submitted your application?

I got my UIN 4 days after I submitted my application.

@Camo58 I was thinking about it for my second choice! I wanna do urban design.

@Camo58 you will be just fine! As long as you have courses completed that are on the course sheet, your gpa is good! its going to be a long wait, but it will be worth it in the end! (From someone who just got accepted in the spring with a low GPA)

@rishi_patel I just transferred in for the Spring 2017 semester into CompS. We were told by Dr. Furuta that the acceptance rate for CompS was about 20% for the Spring 2017. He said the determination for Community College transfers was having a GPA at or above 3.7. Transfers from a 4 year school were allowed to have lower GPAs. To anyone who thinks what school you went to doesn’t affect admissions chances, I can tell you at least for A&M’s Computer Science department, that is a complete lie. As a community college transfer, you will be expected to have a higher GPA.

I had a GPA of 3.71 I think. Maybe higher, but I don’t really remember. Unrelated to admissions, but even though the TAMU Course Equivalency website says you won’t get credit towards A&M CompS courses in particular, I was actually given credit for their intro CompS class, CSCE 121, for my “COSC 1437 - Programming Fundamentals II” class from community college.

Thanks @BlueMoonArmy ! Good to know!

@BlueMoonArmy Actaully i will be having two transcripts coming in. I actually took 12 hours during summer at community college (3.750 GPA) and I am a stduent at UT Dallas. Completed my first semester with a 3.168. Now, what ive been told is A&M doesn’t do plus/minus GPA system. And they will calculated GPA for students with multiple transcript all together. So i have 26 total hours. And when i calculated i have a cumalative GPA of 3.5 out of a 4.0. With doing the optional essay as well and having two rec letters along with multiple CS extraciticular activites, do you think I have a good shot? Thanks so much for your feedback!

@rishi_patel Your GPA will be converted to their scale for transfer purposes. Your GPA may go down since your B+ will only be worth 3 points. At the same time, your A- will get 4 points, so who knows. I didn’t get any letters of recommendation. I’m not sure how much they really matter. Personally I think GPA matters the most for the CompS department. Seems like your GPA is in line with what they’d want to see.

@BlueMoonArmy yeah I converted all my grades into there GPA scale ha ^. That 3.5 is based off A&M scale. I converted all my grades into normal A, B, C, D

(No plus minus)

@BlueMoonArmy How long do you think I will have to wait to get a admission decision? I applied the very first day the application opened up on apply Texas and turned everything in? My AIS is complete and in review now?

@YakinAg awesome! You just took a huge weight off of my shoulders. Thank you!

@rishi_patel They send out answers the last week of November to December. CoE comes earlier than all others.

@BlueMoonArmy do you think after I get my transfer audit I should then afterwards get a decision soon? Lol this waiting is so tempting

@YakinAg did you complete physics before you applied for cosc?

Any updates on anyone who’s already applied? It says my app is complete and in review

1 Like