Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

Congrats! @getoffmylawn

@getoffmylawn may i ask your age? I was probably rejected because of my old grades from 2008 to 2010 (less than 2.0). My first choice major is gone and second choice is on both 1st and 2nd choice now. Pretty upset b/c I did work hard these two years back in school and has the same GPA as you in CC. Not sure if I want to continue waiting to apply in 2020 for academic fresh start or just move on with my life.

@mudboat Thanks!

@catherinesc88 I’m 33. I was a truck driver and decided to give school a second chance. It really depends on what you want to major in and if going to A&M is going to give you that leg up on people going to another school. For me, the advantage of going to A&M over going to U of H or even the local university is the amount of on campus recruiting happening. To be honest, if I was going for something like accounting and not trying to get in to Big 4, I would go where I could get in. Good luck!

Just got a decision. I am deferred for Spring grades. I kinda figured this may be the decision since I am taking the Recommended Courses this semester. For Construction Science transfer sheet, it requires PHYS 201 and MATH 141, which I’m taking now, so I think the decision is definitely fair. Fingers crossed for reconsideration in June…haha!!

Congrats to those that have been admitted! And good luck to those still waiting to hear!

Howdy! I transferred into to Comp Sci this semester from a CC. I just wanted to let anyone wanting to transfer into CS or any engineering major know that they only look at two things the most. Those being, your GPA and courses completed. If you have all the courses on the transfer course sheet completed with a solid GPA (3.7 or above for CS) then you’re very likely to be admitted. When I transferred in they only accepted about 20% of the applicants with GPA’s above a 3.7 (mine was a 3.83). ME I only heard of one or two. CE-CS track definetly only had one acceptance. CE-EE track had a decent amount. EE and AERO had a ton. Chem Eng I know for a fact only had two acceptances. But yeah that’s about all I know of. A&M is great y’all! Regardless of your major you can rest assured that you will love it here. For those of you who have already been accepted get excited because it really is great. Gig 'em!

@CompSciAg Nice!! That’s good to hear your enjoying it there! I wanted to ask you, if I have a 3.5 overall gpa based on my audit on 26 total courses (I complex math 2413 and a programming course). I have two rec letters + 2 essays. Along with on campus extracurricular activities. How do my chances look? Do u have friends/anyone you know that had similar stats like me that got into Computer science at A&M as a transfer?

@CompSciAg In reference to CE-CS track, you’re saying you heard of only one acceptance for this semester or the semester you transferred in during? I’m not following you.

I have a gpa of 3.6 I’ve taken all the required courses for philosophy. I applied for fall of 2017 but didn’t have enough hours so I have to send in spring grades and I’ll have 27 hrs and a 3.6. Gpa and I applied as a philosophy major what are my chances of getting in? Thanks!

Praying we all get acceptance decisions soon.

Are engineering majors, including computer science majors suppose to hear back this month?

@rishi_patel supposedly. according to their website, yes.

accepted to petroleum

Update: I was accepted to the Computer Engineering program!

Congrats man, thats awesome! I’m still waiting on hearing back. I’m majoring in Aerospace Engineering

Congrats to the engineering transfers.

@theCZA Congrats! What were your stats? GPA, coursework?

Got deferred for spring semester grades for Civil Engineering
could’ve been worse I guess

My daughter was admitted 2/14 into the college of Education. A few weeks later she received a notification to complete some additional questions in regards to a Terry Transfer Scholarship. I was wondering if that is standard request of all transfer students? Given the competitiveness of a&m, we didn’t think scholarships were even a remote possibility. Thanks for any insight

Are withdrawls a big deal on transcript if gpa is high? I heard they weren’t if gpa is around a 3.5?

@Mac72898 Same boat here