Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

@Mac72898 @HSaeed20x I had ~6 w’s on my transcript. I kept trying to make school fit in my work schedule, but it never did. Apparently they don’t look too much in to it.

Yeah, an aquaintence of mine who’s now at A&M dropped out of Physics I and is now an Electrical Engineer major. I’m glad to hear that from a different perspective, and it makes sense too. I feel that you’re GPA and extracurriculars are more important and overlap everything else in the long run. @getoffmylawn

I really hope we get the decisions this week, best of luck everyone! Y’all are in my prayers

@rishi_patel

-Veteran
-3.85 GPA
-STEM Scholar (a program in my community college district. not sure if its available in other districts)
-PTK member
-Earned my associates this past December
-Completed Cal 1, Cal 2, Physics 1, and COSC 1 (intro to C++)
-Cal 3, Physics 2, and COSC 2 (intro to java) in progress

Good luck everyone!

My Aerospace major disappeared on my AIS and are now looking at my Civil Engineering…I pretty much lost all hope at this point.

Hey there,
Does anybody have idea, how much scholarship does A&M provides for the transfer students. Have any body got one? Thank you and good luck everyone.

Yea I’m stressing over the W’s and the fact that I’ll only have 27 hrs and a 3.5 gpa I think all should be good from what I’ve heard from advisors and people who have gone through same situation

I just got admitted today. Major Computer Engineering- Computer Science track. GPA 3.61. They must be very impressed with my essay. Good luck!

@Mac72898 they give you “W” for a reason they don’t if it’s because you procrastinated and got a bad great or because someone died and it took a toll on you. They give them for a reason you don’t get held against that . Atleast Es what a dean here told me . Use them when your failing not when you have like a C

@laura95 Can you explain your comment for “W” further? My son is taking two classes this semester that will not aply to his degree plan. He has a B in one and either a B or C in the other. It will bring down his GPA. He plans to withdraw to avoid that. Are you saying that’s not wise? If so, why?

I was denied from CPSC / CSCE today, which is something I was not expecting. A&M was actually one of my backups, so it doesn’t bother me too much but it is curious. I am in-state from a CC, I feel my essay was good, I have a 3.94 GPA with 51 transferable hours (1 B in a language course), and I had a LOR from a former TAMU Alum/Prof. I also have some good CS and Web Dev projects from the past few years. I was not given a reason, and the only idea I can think of is that I have not completed all of the “recommended courses for transfer.”

Found Here: http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer/ENG-Computer-Eng-Computer-Sci.pdf

I have completed nearly all of my core classes but am currently in Calculus 1, and they recommend having completed Calculus 2 to be the most competitive. I also took Biology/Geology 1&2 for science majors instead of Physics, which is what they recommend. Does anyone have any other ideas? A current adviser I met with when doing my application told me that she didn’t think I had anything to worry about, she even read my essay. I’m just curious is all, thanks and congratulations to those who did get in!

Here is the letter, Howdy/AIS don’t have any info other than the decision: https://i.imgur.com/fquWnTF.png

@utcsapplicant, sorry to hear that. Your letter isn’t showing.
It’s the recommended courses that caused your denial because your GPA is good. Most of applicants finish more than the recommended courses to be competitive.

@TAMUmom2019 my dean mentioned that its not wise to use a W for a passing grade, its meant to be used for times where you actually can’t pass the class. This is for the “STEM” section which is science-technology-engineering- math majors.

Is anyone still waiting for a decision from engineering?

Anyone else still waiting on spring grades? I plan to have a 3.44 or 3.5 GPA and by the end of the semester and was wondering if that gives me a good shot to get into the Sports Management program.

Yea I’m waiting for spring grades too. Planning to have a 4.0 GPA for this semester. My first choice was Business but that seems unlikely at this point so I’m going for Economics

Yeah I’m waiting on spring grades because I’m a freshman and didn’t have enough hours. I’m planning on a cummulative 4.0 and my first choice was Aerospace Engineering

I am waiting for spring grades too. I’m taking one of the required course now.

I’m also waiting on spring grades, also because I’m taking a required course at the moment.

I’m waiting on them too, with a 4.0GPA for my freshman year. Does anyone know if we get offered scholarships even though we’re not admitted? I called the Scholarships office last week and the representative said we were and to check back this week, but I don’t quite know if she understood my situation of being deferred.