Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

I was wondering the same thing about scholarships. I also have the feeling that everyone who was deferred for spring grades has a good shot of getting in as long as their grades do not take a nosedive. Could this be wrong? I feel as if it would be almost cruel to wait this long and then be denied when you have all the requirements completed and a GPA greater than something around 3.2

@CordL5 I completely agree, but I called again and the woman I spoke to said she does not know how many scholarships there are for transfers, and to “keep your fingers crossed”. I like TAMU, but it seems a little disorderly when it comes to scholarships for transfers and I’m nervous when it comes to getting any from them. Without them, I couldn’t attend, like many, so I’m quite worried. Regardless, I think the same about everyone getting in!

Hi guys!

I applied for Mays first choice, economics second choice. I was accepted into economics about a month ago.
I see on here lots of posts “waiting for spring grades as i’m in a required course”. I’m just confused because I thought they didn’t accept spring grades, or do they in some cases?

I have a 3.89 GPA. Next week when the semester is over, I will have completed all the prequisites for Mays as I’m currently finishing Calc II and Acct II. I should have a 3.92~3.93 gpa at the end and 71 hours. I believe I had strong essays and excellent work experience. I earned my associates in 2015 at a community college, took a break for a year long internship in 2016, and am now back in school taking the two courses for transfer credit.

Does this matter at all or am I out of luck since they already accepted me for econ? Would this be what an appeal is used for? I’m not sure how all of this works.

@litcriterally, so if they don’t give you scholarships, you won’t get loans to attend or what?

@Rb1006 did you already accept the economics? I’d be curious about your scenario also. I hope you get the chance at mays, great stats.

@lakeconroemom I have not accepted it yet. and thank you, good luck to you!

@Osaidmk1 Well, yes, I probably could take out loans. Though I feel like that would put me in too much debt and while I would love to be an Aggie, I don’t think just loans would be beneficial to my situation in the long run. I use my fathers GI Bill, but I only have about a year left, so I guess I’ll just have to see what happens.

@rb1006 Sending in spring grades is an option only for deferred students.

Did everyone receive the option of sending in spring grades, or only competitive students?

1 Like

@CordL5 I received the option to send in spring grades. Finals are this week, so I should be sending them in pretty soon!

@CordL5 I think most people who have a good standing gpa and are taking the final recommend courses this semester have been given the option of sending in spring grades. I was given the option but I saw it coming since I am taking one of the recommended math courses this semester.

@rb1006 In order to transfer into Mays you must have completed all required coursework at the time of application. They do not offer deferred acceptance. If you select a non-business acceptance into TAMU the Mays website states you will be ineligible to transfer into Mays at a later date. So I think you either go Econ or wait to apply to Mays until next fall

Has anyone seen someone who was denied after sending in spring grades? Maybe in other threads?

I have not seen anyone say that they were denied after sending in their spring grades. Maybe they just didn’t want to post about getting denied. Honestly I feel like everyone that sends spring grades will get in if they complete their required courses properly.

I found a couple people that were denied late for the fall of 2015. Their GPA’s were 2.64 and 3.32

That 3.32 denial was surprising though, the only denials I’m finding this late were those applying with GPA’s under 3.

@CordL5 Hmm did they have all the courses competed? I’ve seen ppl with GPAs under 3.0 and are admitted after sending in spring grades

I’m not sure why they were denied, they didn’t clarify. But from what I’ve seen if you have a GPA in the 3’s, all required courses done, and were asked to send in spring grades you should be in. I would say this for most majors, engineering and other difficult majors may be tougher on the GPA.

Yeah I guess that’s true for most majors and how competitive they are.

YAY for the semester being over!! Anyone send in spring grades yet??