Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

My app is almost complete, I just have one last transcript being processed.

I thought I’d join the forum as I’m waiting for my fall 2017 decision too :slight_smile:
1st Choice: Aerospace Engineering
2nd Choice: Computer Engineering (Computer Science Track)
4.0 GPA and my essay was alright
By the end of this semester I’ll have 28 hours completed (almost certain still with a 4.0), and I’m coming from the freshman engineering major at my current university if that helps at all :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, I’ll have everything for the Aerospace transfer sheet completed except for chemistry (my school doesn’t offer the one needed and the alternative would require me to take 2 prereq classes first that are irrelevant to my major) so I know that hurts my chances but with everything else being an A I think I still might have a small chance?

@xiolea you’ll definitely with those stats! Props to u on maintaining a 4.0!

@lovepink002 thanks! I hope so. I’m “Complete and In Review” right now so I’m really nervous lol

Good luck to all of us! Did any of y’all get your transfer audit reports yet by any chance? Mines been in review for three weeks and I still didn’t get my audit

@xiolea lol I think you’ll be good! Good luck!

@xiokea Hey! Do you know how much emphasis A&M transfer admission puts if we didn’t complete 1-2 courses on our transfer sheets if it said recommended coursework? If I have a overall 3.5 GPA, would that be weighted more if I have ton of volunteering and outside activities

@rishi_patel I don’t know too much about how outside activities impact the admissions decision in that situation, I’d email an academic advisor for your major at TAMU to get a solid answer :slight_smile:

Hey guy! I applied for cell biology about january 5th, 3.8 gpa and 48 hours after this semester. Still waiting for admission decision.

Hi! quick question. Im transferring and I already applied but does duel credit from high school factor into our overall GPA that they review?

Yes it does

@rishi_patel I think they focus more on the courses competed, essays and GPA.

How effective are letters of recommendation

My application went into review today. 3.6 GPA over 39 hours. I will have all the required coursework done at the end of this semester. Did 2 essays also. I’m applying to the sport management program and hoping to hear good news. Hope y’all hear the same!

Got my transfer audit report today! 3.58 GPA on 26 hours! Still have my first choice major on there: CS

@rishi_patel Thats awesome! When did you go into review?

I got my transfer audit today. 3.21 GPA on 65 hours. First Choice Construction Science

@aggie115 I went into review two weeks back. I applied the midnight the application opened up. What about u? Anything on your howdy portal updated?

@rishi_patel No not yet it took a while for my transcripts to get processed I barely went into review this past week :confused:

How long do they take to post decisions? This wait is killing me