Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

I hope so! i also applied 1/1/17 lol…i was doing good for a while, but i am starting to crazy waiting :wink:

Yeah they’re probably really backed up so I heard it takes forever! My sister applied for freshman admission in September and heard back at the beginning of January

got my audit today! applied on 1/20/17 and went into review 1/24/17

Also where are you guys seeing both of your major choices in howdy? All I’ve seen since getting access was my first unless I’m looking in the wrong places lol

Admissions told me that they will start releasing most of their fall and summer decisions between the March 1 deadline- mid April

@rishi_patel is that for all colleges?

@aggie115 @rishi_patel that time frame is normal for the more competitive colleges. People were getting their decisions for some colleges as early as February 10th last year.

Yeah that’s usually for competitive colleges like business and engineering. Other majors usually don’t wait until after the March 1st deadline

I got my letter of deferral today saying they want my spring grades, I only technically have 14 rn but after this spring semester I’ll have 28

What school were you applyin to

@kkeller9 Engineering

I was admitted into the dept. of computer science and engineering with a cumulative gpa of 3.83 and having 42 completed hours at the time of application. In addition to those stats I had all the courses done on the transfer sheet. The departmental advisors during our NSC told us that admission has gotten very competitive and they’ve only been accepting students with gpa’s around the 3.7 range or higher. Also, what school you’re transferring from is considered in the admissions process. Here are recommendations I have for those who are applying as transfers or are considering it:

Take a couple programming courses/practice programming outside of your classes.

Write your essay in a way that shows your interest in Texas A&M regardless of your gpa. (i.e their undergraduate program, research, professors you aspire to learn from, etc.)

Contact a departmental or regional advisor to ask about what steps to take to make sure your transfer goes as smoothly as possible.

Needless to say these tips can be put to use regardless of what your major is. Best of luck to y’all.

@CompSciAg Congrats! I’m surprised you heard back since your in the engineering college, but good info to know! Thanks!

I feel like I submitted my app so late compared to everyone else on here, but I applied on January 31. TAMU got my transcripts on the 31st and were processed on the same day. And my AIS says “in review”.

I know this question was is asked a lot but how long did it take to get your Tranfer audit?

@lovepink002 i got my audit about 4 days after i went into review

Chance me for admission

I am a college freshman at TAMUK. I submitted my transfer application on 01/28/17. My application is still incomplete as I am waiting for my official college transcript to be received.

My first choice major is Biology, BS
My second choice major is Biomedical Sciences

Being a freshman who didn’t come with college credit, I am still missing 3 courses under “recommended coursework” for Biology. But I have 3 courses in the “additional coursework.”

As of the Fall of 2016, I have 14 credit hours, after this spring semester I will have 32.

I have a 3.78 GPA, was on the Dean’s List for Fall 2016, have multiple volunteer hours, and clubs

Received my transfer audit today. I am applying to the college of liberal arts how long until you think i will receive an answer back?

Does anyone know when the school of agriculture will send out decisions?

Got my transfer audit yesterday! Guess I’m just waiting on a decision now??

Can anyone tell me my chances. I’m transferring as a business major and I have a 3.3 gpa with 42 hours. I finished all the required coursework