Texas A&M Galveston Feedback

<p>It looks like my son will be attending TAMAG in the fall. It is difficult to find out much info on this school in regards to classes social, etc. He plans to major in business and transfer to College Station the next year. Any insight or former experiences at the school or campus life?</p>

<p>I was in your shoes this time last year. </p>

<p>TAMUG has much smaller classes than you will find in the core classes at TAMU. The total population is less than 2000 students. TAMUG makes for a nice transistion from high school to college. TAMUG has the same traditions as TAMU. TAMUG students can purchase Sports Passes for the games at TAMU. You can use all the facilities on the TAMU campus as a TAMUG student. Alot of the TAMUG clubs are water based however, they do have some that are not. They have intramural sports. </p>

<p>There is only one cafeteria on campus and if your son is a picky eater, he would probably want to consider having food in a mini fridge/freezer in his dorm room as well as having a microwave. </p>

<p>You and your son will get alot more information about the campus, classes, etc. at the New Student Conference.</p>

<p>Thank you for the reply!</p>

<p>To aggiering
how hard was it to go through change of curriculum? They say it is competitive, what was your gpa in galveston before you went to college station? Is it demanding to do in one year? Were you granted on campus housing? After all we know of our acceptance in june. Much appreciated.</p>

<p>Terry, just saw your post. As far as a GPR goes, it depends on your major on what you will need to have for change of curriculum acceptance. If you don’t have the required GPR or course requirements for your major, however you do have it for general studies and you have less than 60 credit hours, you can go into general studies until you meet your major’s requirements. A change of curriculum to general studies will require a 2.5 GPR and 27 credits. Here is some general information on the change of curriculm to general studies at TAMU: [url=&lt;a href=“http://gest.tamu.edu/Main/galveston.aspx]Galveston[/url”&gt;http://gest.tamu.edu/Main/galveston.aspx]Galveston[/url</a>]</p>

<p>I would contact the department where you will ultimately be majoring in, to find out the particulars. </p>

<p>Galveston has a supportive staff that want to see you succeed. I would suggest contacting a TAMUG advisor to help with class selections as well as the whole process necessary for the change of curriculum. Also, I would suggest utilizing the Rate My Professor website to aid in selecting profs. </p>

<p>As far as on campus housing at TAMU, there are very few slots on campus reserved for the Galveston students. I heard something to the effect that there were approx 400-450 TAMUG students who did the change of curriculum to TAMU, out of those students, there were approx 25 who got on campus housing. In the Spring, there is a sign up day for those interested in on campus housing at TAMU, I suggest getting there early to put your name on the list. Also, just because your name is on the list, does not guarantee housing. </p>

<p>You find out if your change of curriculum has been accepted once Spring grades have posted, approx. mid-May.</p>

<p>Good Luck! Hope you have a great first year at TAMUG.</p>