Texas A&M Galveston or LSU PE engineering

I am a student from Canada who is hoping to pursue a career in Petroleum engineer. I got accepted into a LSU and Texas A&M provided me with the option to go through TAMU Galveston enter to a major program instead. I really want to attend A&M but I feel like the Galveston route would not get me the full experience of college. To be honest I have no idea what to do.

Since this is a new program, no one will be able to give you their advice based on experience. It looks like they are having an open house on feb 22 though I realize thats probably not doable for you.

On the tamu engineering website the program is described along with mention of a guaranteed admission to first choice major for a 3.5. There are also contact numbers there. I think you need to get the information from the folks who are setting up the program. I wonder if you could find out the average stats of kids admitted to this program so you could know how you stacked up. Also, what will be the cost? I would ask about how close ties to the College Station campus would be.

Compare the program requirements for both schools as LSU also has requirement to get into PETE

My daughter got accepted into this program and feel like it is a great opportunity. I was told that this is considered a full admit to Dwight Look College of Engineering and that students will be advised by General Engineering advisers from College Station and that they can do entry to a major at beginning of their second semester. They are guaranteed their first choice with a 3.5 GPA or better but have to have at least a 2.5 GPA to stay in Engineering program. I advise my daughter of at least shooting for the 3.5 as to not miss out on her choice of Engineering Majors. She is set on Computer Science at this time, but who knows, spending time at the ocean this year, she might decide ocean engineering might be for her. This is a great program for students who want to be an Aggie Engineer.