Texas a&m info for future applicant

<p>I need some info from people who applied to a&m or have gotten in recently. I am a sophomore at a very highly competitive high school (Top 10 in Houston Area). I was wondering what do your stats have to look like in order to get into A&M. What GPA, class rank, sat..etc? What is the most important thing A&M looks at? My class rank is probably not in the top 10 or top 25%.</p>

<p>Thanks again
-andydandy</p>

<p>From greatest to least:
Class rank
Test scores
Rigor of classes
ECs
GPA</p>

<p>You're just a sophomore. Just work your class rank up to top 25% and take the SATs beginning of your junior year. 1300 M/CR + top 25% = Auto Admit.</p>

<p>A&M is not hard to get into.</p>

<p>Not hard to get into? Maybe not for the automatic admits, but tell that to the 30% of 24,000 freshmen applicants who didn't get in last year.</p>

<p>Only 30%? Lol;
Look at UT. 80% of their admitted students were in the top 10%. That means 9100 of their 11375 admitted students were in the top 10%. Therefore, that leads to only 2275 admitted students for the rest of non-top in-state 10% applicants INCLUDING International and OOS students. 2275 spots for the rest of 13650 applicants is ridiculous. That's 16.7% acceptance rate. This year should even more crazy with the recession. I had a friend last year with a 1390 M/CR (2100 overall) and was top 11% who did not get in to UT. Just ridiculous. </p>

<p>Andydandy, just keep working hard all the way up to your senior year.</p>

<p>gxgal - Did you mean to say the 70% who didn't make it?</p>

<p>According to stats I have read upon google searches in the past, Texas A&M is listed as having a 70% acceptance rate and deemed as "moderately hard" to get into. However, I have also read that last year's freshmen class had approximately 24,000 applications with about 8,000 eventually becoming freshman. As everyone knows these days, kids apply to many colleges, so colleges have to compensate by offering a lot more acceptance letters than they intend to fill. A&M has around a 60% rate of offers being accepted which is quite high for most colleges. About the same rate (60%) of the class are automatic admits (top 10% and 25% with 1300 SAT), so, as Xcellerator mentioned for UT, the openings for the rest of the applicants is proportionately MUCH smaller. I know there are thousands of high school kids in Texas that are good students, but not in the upper echelon of their classes, who would like to go to A&M and don't even apply because they have such a small chance of getting in.</p>

<p>So, to make a long story short (I know, too late!), that percentage of acceptance rate is probably even smaller than the official stats portray.</p>

<p>
[quote]
From greatest to least:
Class rank
Test scores
Rigor of classes
ECs
GPA</p>

<p>You're just a sophomore. Just work your class rank up to top 25% and take the SATs beginning of your junior year. 1300 M/CR + top 25% = Auto Admit.</p>

<p>A&M is not hard to get into.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Judging from your posts in this thread, I can tell that you are a t-sip. Please, if you know nothing of A&M don't post and misinform others who are potentially interested in attending.</p>

Class rank
Test scores
GPA
ECs
Rigor of classes</p>

<p>That's better.</p>

<p>P.S. Just work your class rank up to top 10% = Auto-Admit... at T.U. too.</p>

<p>What is a t-sip?</p>

<p>DP</p>

<p>If i don't qualify for an automatic admit (not top 10% or top 25%)....what should my stats look like to get in</p>

<p>A t-sip is the nickname Aggies use to refer to people who go to the University of Texas. ;)</p>

<p>
[quote]

[quote]
Quote:
From greatest to least:
Class rank
Test scores
Rigor of classes
ECs
GPA</p>

<p>A&M is not hard to get into.

[/quote]

Judging from your posts in this thread, I can tell that you are a t-sip. Please, if you know nothing of A&M don't post and misinform others who are potentially interested in attending.</p>

Class rank
Test scores
GPA
ECs
Rigor of classes</p>

<p>That's better.</p>

<p>P.S. Just work your class rank up to top 10% = Auto-Admit... at T.U. too.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I know nothing about A&M? Please.</p>

<p>Andydandy - your stats should be somewhere between 1150-1200 and top 35%.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Andydandy - your stats should be somewhere between 1150-1200 and top 35%.

[/quote]

xcellerator, I think you'd have to have MUCH higher SAT scores than that if you were only top 35%. I could be wrong; do you know of students accepted in that range?</p>

<p>Andydandy, keep in mind that class rank IS one of your stats. It is the most important stat as it is a reflection of your GPA and of the rigor of your courses. Most schools weight their grades. For example, a B in an honors course would give you more grade points than a B in a non-honors course.</p>

<p>If you are not likely to be accepted to A&M right out of high school, you might consider Blinn Team ( Texas</a> A&M Blinn TEAM Program ).</p>

<p>
[quote]
I know nothing about A&M? Please.</p>

<p>Andydandy - your stats should be somewhere between 1150-1200 and top 35%.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes, and that post proves my point. Now if you could leave and take your misguided opinions back to the Texas board that would be appreciated.</p>

<p>It's simple math xcellerator, if you have lower SAT scores than auto-admit... have a higher class rank than auto-admit (not top 35% lol)</p>

<p>im a round top 35% out of like 1350 students with a 1210 sat CR+M what are my chances</p>

<p>Class Rank and SAT/ACT scores are kinda like an inverse relationship....if ur class rank isn't impressive, u better have a decent test scores and vice versa......& pickartist, I would say ur chances are about 30% if u have good essays and ECs</p>

<p>^^ my analogy suks but u get the point :P</p>

<p>so what if you are in the top 25 and also have a decent SAT score, say only 70 more point were needed for auto admit? Would that not also be good? Haveing an average class rank AND SAT score?</p>

<p>if thats ur case, then u might wanna juice up ur ECs. Competition is high this year.</p>

<p>I think I remembering the A&M admissions lady said that about 50% of accepted students are top 10%, 17% are academic admits, and 33% are holistic review.</p>

<p>-Epic</p>

<p>okay people im just gona say it out i need yalls help leme tell u wut i got.
im a senior gettin ready to apply to collegestatoin.
here are my STATS:</p>

<p>top 13%…like 12people away from top 10!! =S
SAT SCORE: 2050</p>

<pre><code> CR: 570
MATH: 800 (HELL ya)
</code></pre>

<p>WRITING: 680
ESSAY: 9/12</p>

<p>Im in like a total of 3-4 clubs in HS, about to president of one ofem.
NHS, barely got in by like .01 gpa LOL.
and uh 1 sport, cross country/track JV AND now VARSITY</p>

<p>so uh…how do i stand??</p>

<p>I dont qualify for the 1300 SAT because my reading is below 600…
and im not in top 10…
my SAT is like 1380 math and cr, but reading is under 600 so =(…</p>

<p>and i have like 30 hours volunteer</p>

<p>IM APPLYING this year in like less then a month so ya.</p>

<p>soeone plz tell me if im screwed or not?</p>