Texas A&M life for hispanics???

<p>I am a hispanic student that is interested in attending A&M, however I have heard rumors that many A&M students are not very friendly toward students of a minority ethnic group. In short, I heard there are alot of racists. Are there any students that can tell me what it is like at A&M because it really is one of me top choices and am alost done with the application.</p>

<p>Sometimes when you get something bad attached to you that you once deserved, you end up keeping that persona longer than you deserve. in other words 50 years ago yes it was a racist school which does not mean all were racist. Now it is not a racist school, which does not mean that all are not racist. There could be someone there that has racist bigotry, yet I’m sure they will not say anything or do anything, due to the fact it is not the norm. just like in society.</p>

<p>LOL…every 3rd kid in Texas has a hispanic last name. Lots of them graduated from fancy suburban high schools and many don’t speak a word of Spanish (well maybe a few curse words :-).</p>

<p>Google the youtube video of the TAMU wobble flash mob. They all just look like a bunch of college kids having fun to me :-).</p>

<p>Actually every 1 out of 3 kids are mexican in Texas.I don’t understand why you should have problems there.</p>

<p>You will be fine, A&M is know for being one of the most friendly campus in the states. I’m currently a Hispanic freshman and been taking classes since the summer here at A&M. I love it, everything about it is just great. The one thing I would encourage is to try and get involved somehow in the many student organizations we count with, this way it will be a lot easier to meet people and make friends, you will see that for the most part everyone is great here, you just have to be willing to maybe go outside your comfort zone and be out there. Hope it helps </p>

<p>Thanks and Gig 'Em!</p>