Texas A&M out of state

Hey guys! I’ve been wondering what the acceptance rate is for out of state students at Texas A&M College Station? Any info would be great- thanks!

You should hit up google. Pretty sure you can find the stats.

You can follow along with this thread for some real live stories from this year so far…http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1908913-tamu-class-of-2021-admissions-decisions.html#latest

And then finally, in addition to the acceptance rate you should also be cool with paying $47,000 per year. Are your parents good with that? Will you be a possible National Merit Finalist?

As far as acceptance rates, both in state and out of state, the statistics can be misleading as your intended major plays a huge factor. For example, engineering and business majors seem to have lower acceptance percentages than some other majors. As you are out of state, I would also look into the possibility of being a candidate for an OOS tuition waiver making the OOS student eligible for in-state tuition which is reported to be $27K but that includes room board, travel, etc. (Always puzzled me – Travel for in-state tuition, the university guessimates is $2,200 a year which I can’t really figure out as my in-state kids just spend about $30 on gas each way, maybe four times a year. LOL)

Acceptance rates for instate vs. OOS aren’t relevant. The only difference between the two are that instate are guaranteed admits if they are top 10% in their class in Texas. The other pathway of guaranteed admission is offered to all applicants (instate, out of state and international) which is academic admit (scores + rank). Beyond those two you would be a review admit. They do not distinguish between instate and out of state applications (other than the top 10% law) you are evaluated equally. Do note that published figures are for all types of admits not just full admits to college station ( partial & probationary admits are both included in the data - thousands of them, so it skews the data). Here’s some older data from the class of 2018 http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1676831-class-of-2018-offers-of-admission-breakdown.html#latest This is the first ( and last ) time I had seen it broken down like this, which will give you a rough idea.