Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>This should be around the time most of you will be sending in your apps if you have not done so already. Go ahead and post what step your on and majors. So far im currently on step 3 Geo major.</p>

<p>Telecommunication Media Studies (B.S) and Sociology. Applied last Thursday, so I should be getting my AIS account tomorrow. 3.4 GPA with 25-28 hours.</p>

<p>Sweet, sent in any Rec letters?</p>

<p>I have two people writing them right now. I don’t think I should be too worried about getting in? My essay is pretty strong.</p>

<p>Yeah you shouldn’t worry, but I had them written and sent in just in case. I was not taking any chances. So you said in another thread that we might be hearing back this week?</p>

<p>An adviser told me students who had everything already submitted and processed (probably not meningitis, letters of rec, maybe hs transcript) will be finding out within the week. Apparently some found out last week. I still haven’t gotten my AIS account… which is upsetting!</p>

<p>I’m also wondering if I should change my second choice from Sociology to English. English is just 24 hours and a minimum of 2.5 GPA…</p>

<p>Step 3, Communications major. Currently at Blinn with 46 hours and a 3.3 GPA. Lots of experience, extracurricular, leadership positions, and volunteer work. What do y’all think??:/</p>

<p>I’m doing telecommunications with 25-28 hours with a 3.4, you have more hours than me… but we are in the same boat. Why the “;/” face?</p>

<p>I am just so incredibly nervous, but praying for the best!</p>

<p>@AggggieJH ?</p>

<p>I hear College of Liberal Arts isn’t very hard to get into… anything above a 3.0 and you meet the minimum requirements, you’re pretty competitive. Maybe economics will need like a 3.2-3.5, but other than that… I think we are set. Have you heard the same thing? I mean I only have 28 hours.</p>

<p>I’ve heard that too, but the College of Liberal Arts is also very broad and has many students, which could mean there is limited room.</p>

<p>Yes but there’s also Engineering, science, agriculture, architecture, education, health, geoscience, and veterinary and biomedical sciences. I feel like out of all of those, Liberal Arts is one of the least popular programs. And inside Liberal Arts, everything besides Economics, Political Science and International studies are not very popular.</p>

<p>Also, how fast do you think spots will fill up? In history, students have been admitted even as late as November for some programs, and the NSC in January will still have 50 spots left. The deadline isn’t until October 15th, so we are before many applicants probably.</p>

<p>Aggjr I believe you stand at a competitive position. A friend of mine had the same stats out of CC and she got in to both a&m and UT so I feel as if you should be ok. What did you put for your second choice major?</p>

<p>Telecommunications Media Studies is my 2nd choice major!</p>

<p>What about me haha? Telecommunication Media Studies is my first choice major.</p>

<p>I just read that their goal is to communicate a decision for review applicants by at least November. That seems like forever… The decision letters that are being sent out now are for auto admits.</p>

<p>Auto-admits for Spring transfers? Who would that even be? The Telecommunication adviser emailed me saying, the sooner you apply, the sooner you will find out. November seems kind of crazy…</p>