Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>itscole - You do have to sign the TAP agreement before you start. They want you to sign up for TAP after you first start college but not after you have 40 hours or so. Ideally you would know what major you want and sign up for TAP if they have it then follow the schedule they give you.</p>

<p>Still 2 tabs and the transcript can’t be retrieved. ;/ maybe tomorrow.</p>

<p>Right there with you @itscole. This waiting is killing me.</p>

<p>I keep checking even though I know there wont likely be any changes until next week -_- I feel crazy. I applied once when I had 28 hours as a biology major but I hadn’t taken any math yet so I did t meet minimum requirements. I have talked to the department advisor and he told me i should be in as long as I am not secretly a murder. He told me that my department doesn’t limit their numbers. They just take who they like. They look only at essays and GPA. the volunteer, extra curricular, and work are for scholarship review. He said they look for progress and extreme interest in selected major. I hope we all make it:)</p>

<p>Nothing right now. Telecommunications just requires 24 transferable hours and prefers a 3.0 GPA. No required classes, just atleast 24 completed hours. So that’s nice. They strictly look at GPA and essay.</p>

<p>Hopefully they are like the department of bio environmental science and don’t limit the numbers. That made me feel better when he said that. I talked to a guy named Sam Murdock.</p>

<p>If I don’t find out today, I hope it’s next week…</p>

<p>Dont we all:/</p>

<p>Hey guys I’m not sure what it means but I figured I’d see your opinions. When I signed up for the NSC, there were only 2 set of dates to attend, Jan 7-8 then 9-10. There were only about 100 or so seats available to each. Surely this can’t mean they are only going to accept 200-300 transfer students for spring in entirety does it?</p>

<p>I was just thinking that @mtreys. Which day are you going btw??</p>

<p>There’s no way they can only accept 200-300…</p>

<p>Is it by major?</p>

<p>I know for fall conferences there are like 8-9 conferences and each department selects which conferences. The website said when I registered that there would only be 2 set of days to chose from and no more. I’m really not sure if I’m just reading too much into that or what to be honest. It just threw me out of the loop lol</p>

<p>2800 students or so are accepted as transfers each year (or something like that) to A&M. For spring to only accept 200 would be outrageous. I know engineering itself accepts more than that.</p>

<p>Well, hopefully I hear back this week. I have a love hate relationship with the weekend because howdy won’t update on weekends.</p>

<p>Also the major on the transcript I sent in will say engineering. That’s what my major is at my current university , I haven’t changed it yet there. That won’t matter will it?</p>

<p>Itscole, you may want to search dars.tamu.edu and go to “student data & reports”.
Here you can find any information you may be looking for in regards to the number of transfers typically accepted in each semester. Looks like Fall 2012 had a total of 1,919 and Spring 2013 had a total of 851.
There are tables that break the transfers down by major as well. Happy reading!</p>

<p>Is that the correct website? I tried it and nothing comes up</p>

<p>Never mind, I got it!</p>

<p>Admitted is different from enrolled</p>