Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>November seems ridiculous, I agree. And I guess auto admits are the ones who decided to retake SAT’s or ACT’s to get a higher score that will qualify as an auto admit. I wouldn’t think top 10% applies for a transfer right?</p>

<p>I wish I could know whether or not I should be worried. If I had like a 3.7, I wouldn’t even bother worrying at all. 3.4 isn’t bad, and I know LOTS of people who have gotten in with 2.9-3.3’s in various different departments…no idea what the applicant pool is. This forum isn’t blowing up with transfers like it does for Fall applicants though.</p>

<p>I think 3.0 and 24 hours is the minimum requirement for liberal arts transfer. Having a 3.3 makes me so nervous because it is high enough, but probably not preferred. Like you said, I would be much more at ease if I had a 3.7 or so.</p>

<p>3.0 is for communications. 2.5 for English and others…like history and stuff. Top 10% sat/act scores don’t really matter for transfer students. It’s just your GPA and pre requisite courses. A 3.3 is good for the amount of hours you have. I have a 3.4 with only 28. To be honest, I don’t think many people with GPAs above 3.5 are applying for communications…</p>

<p>I hope that is true!</p>

<p>Well last year a close buddy of mine received his decision on Oct15 and he applied sept 15( I remember this because it was one month exactly). I assume we will receive ours at the latest the first week of October. As for the auto admits situation that would consist of blinn kids and Tap program kids.</p>

<p>How would Blinn kids be auto admits?</p>

<p>Blinn team</p>

<p>Luffy, how do you feel about my chances?</p>

<p>Oh, totally forgot about that.</p>

<p>Your stats look dead on to me. For your major of course</p>

<p>Yeah I don’t think it’s a very competitive major. I applied for engineering last year not knowing about the pre reqs. I have no reqs for it and I don’t even want to be an engineer haha.</p>

<p>Hoping there’s not a high demand so that my chances are increased! I still can’t believe that the admissions counselor said that their goal was for all of us to know by at least November.</p>

<p>Yeah I believe he/she said that so by the off chance it did take that long they wouldn’t be held accountable. Basically worst case scenario would be November</p>

<p>Luffy what are your stats?</p>

<p>Im a Geology major, 3.654GPR 55 credits completed. Honors and PTK at my CC</p>

<p>I am really glad, I’m not the only one applying for the spring semester, I am applying for MechEng 3.7 gpa 1820sat. Hope you guys get in , when are we told of the decisions?</p>

<p>Welcome aboard to the SS Anxiety! the decision situation is currently unknown. What classes did you complete so far?</p>

<p>Luffy, you’re in for sure… You shouldn’t be anxious at all!</p>

<p>I believe luffy and aggggie will get in.</p>