Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>Thanks bud, but after last semester(got a decline) all I could do is wonder if that could happen again. I applied to Cs in the engineering school though</p>

<p>Also your stats look good so you shouldn’t worry at all</p>

<p>Well I believe engineering is much more competitive than geology. No offense to your major , I’m actually interested in it. But just from what I’ve seen, engineering/business and architecture are the main ones for A&M. No business transfers for spring though. Really? I shouldn’t worry?</p>

<p>And what’s “Cs”? Computer science engineering?</p>

<p>I think you’ll be fine luffy! Itscole and I are in a similar boat so lets just hope for the best!</p>

<p>Yeah computer science, and yeah I know engineering is a lot more competitive but was upset at the decline none the less</p>

<p>I’m currently on step 3. Applying from Maryland, solid GPA, 77 credits completed (ESL included). and some Junior Level classes completed, 18 years old. I just hope we can all some how meet on campus after we’ve been admitted :). Good luck mates, and good luck to me. I pray.</p>

<p>What’s your major hadetunj?</p>

<p>That’s a lot of hours to transfer over!</p>

<p>Are you guys applying as freshmen or transfer?</p>

<p>@Hadetunj Why are you leaving UofM if I may ask, I am applying also there so it would be useful to know the downsides of each one</p>

<p>(I am applying as a freshman)</p>

<p>I’m currently a sophomore in college, applying for spring admissions.</p>

<p>of course not all of my hours are expected to transfer, because I have taken some ESL classes since I came from Nigeria for college as freshman, but @ItsCole my major is Petroleum Engineering which they do not offer over here in Maryland. Nothing is wrong with Maryland @AndresC , just that there is no petroleum Engineering here. I am a junior, but I expect to be set back one semester at A&M because of some Petroleum Engineering pre-reqs which I do not have</p>

<p>@Hadetunj Oh, well goodluck to you and the rest of us! Still haven’t gotten my AIS account and it’s been like 3 days… hopefully I will be admitted with my stats though!</p>

<p>Than you. Good luck to you too. We are Spring transfers exceeding set requirements. I’m confident of our chances even more so that we are potential Spring admits.</p>

<p>What step are you on? and when did you apply?</p>

<p>Should I write Essay C?</p>

<p>Well the way I figure it is that writing essay c won’t tip the balance of acceptance or denial. I would do it if you felt that it would for your situation, but to be frank I don’t think it makes too much of a difference.</p>

<p>We have always been told to write all 3 essays even though one was optional. That is from current students, GCs and admin people.</p>

<p>Essay B is for former students. Essay C is a personal one.</p>

<p>I’m on step 3 and everything has been received and processed since September 6th.</p>