Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>Do you guys know how is college life for spring freshmen/transfers, and if there is some kind of orientation? , I am a bit worried about starting in spring and not in fall as many freshmen do.</p>

<p>There is a transfer camp which I’m planning to go to if accepted. As for the life of a spring admit, it is pretty normal but you do miss out on football season traditions like midnight yell:(</p>

<p>I go every weekend for midnight yell and the games haha. I’m only 200 miles away. Anyways, if you’re a freshman, they’re still getting accustomed to college life anyways…</p>

<p>When does the football season ends? , if it hasn’t ended yet maybe we can still catch up with some of the traditions</p>

<p>Football season is pretty much over the last weekend of November. Thanksgiving was traditionally the t.u. game but not anymore. (SEC SEC SEC!!) There is the transfer camp/new student conferences they have for incoming students. I don’t think we’ll really “miss” anything by starting in spring rather than fall.</p>

<p>It’s over in November. Basketball and baseball will be going on in the spring.</p>

<p>Mtres are you a transfer applicant?</p>

<p>Yes, Economics in Lib Arts.</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>And how do you feel about my chances?</p>

<p>Have you guys visited the campus if so what were your first impressions ?</p>

<p>I’ve been to campus numerous times. I have tons of friends there… I have only done an “official” dorm tour last year, and many visits to the Prospective Student Centers. Anyways, I love the campus. It’s the best place on earth!</p>

<p>Yeah I’ve been to the campus every weekend except one last semester. I love it. Also know the campus better than some students haha</p>

<p>Prospective student adviser told me today that I should be pretty competitive for my major… I sure hope so.</p>

<p>Did you go up there in person or email or call?</p>

<p>itscole - 3.96 with 51 hours complete. I’m taking 16 hours this semester. PTK member. I’ve lived here my whole life and my brother was in the Corp back in the late 90s so I know the campus extremely well. Your stats don’t look too bad. I think they usually like more hours completed but it’s nothing they hold against you as long as you have the minimum of 24.</p>

<p>I know people who have gotten in with 24 before… You’re pretty much an auto-admit haha. Anyways, I’m applying to Telecommunications so do you think I have a pretty good chance?</p>

<p>and @Aggggie I’ve gone to the one in College Station with an appointment once. Called and emailed multiple times. Been to the one in irving twice last year.</p>

<p>I checked Howdy this morning and I have 4 tabs. That seems to be the jumping off point for being accepted based on prior history of people on this board. I am still on step 3 on AIS, however.</p>

<p>What are these points?</p>