Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>I looked at the audit report and instantaneously the first thing I noticed was the deny on the top right… then i realized it was for last semester. WORST FEELING EVER… thought I got declined haha.</p>

<p>Itscole, thank you! That makes me feel better! luffy, haha that’s so sad! I’m glad it was a false alarm!</p>

<p>@luffy473 I did the same thing the other day! “Denied” but for Petroleum Engineering last year haha!</p>

<p>I’m taking Math 141 and Math 142 at my University which is weird, but at my school I have the pre reqs to take Math 142. A&M wants Math 141 also, so I just decided to take it as well (I’m taking both right now)… I listed that on my application so hopefully they don’t look at it and be like, “that’s impossible”… because it’s not.</p>

<p>So Texas A&M is apparently admitting some people. I do not understand why they keep saying that they are not sending any decisions until October/November for transfers. I do not understand why I have not been admitted anyway, but I’ll just be patient. I am not really anxious, but It is kinda weird that they would randomly start admitting people unless it is freshman which is understandable for Spring semester.</p>

<p>It all depends on the department and your competitiveness I guess. I bet me and agggie will find out around the same time since he’s comm and i’m telecomm</p>

<p>Hadetunj, you have previously posted that you have applied for mechanical in an earlier post. More recently, you posted that you applied for petroleum. So I’m curious, which major is your first choice? What is your gpa for transferable coursework?
To answer your concern about Spring transfers already being accepted. Many have been accepted; however, their applications were complete long before yours. If your transcripts were just received and processed on 9/10, moving you to step 3, it will be a few weeks. Especially for engineering. So, yes, be patient.</p>

<p>@alexdi Are you applying for Spring? If so, what major and what are your stats?</p>

<p>I hope more other Engineering Hopefuls out there will surface on this thread soon. The truth is if I got admitted now, I wouldn’t care about his semester, I’d just be like I’d get a C, it doesn’t matter because grades don’t transfer, but It wold still be awesome to know now :)</p>

<p>^ your grades will transfer though. When you enroll in the spring you will send in your final fall transcript…?</p>

<p>itscole - Hadetunj is correct. Your grades themselves do NOT transfer. They show up on your record as a T(letter grade you receive). Your GPR starts over when you start at A&M. So if you end up with a 3.0 before you start at A&M, you could end up with a 4.0 when you graduate(as A&M does not factor in classes before you transfer into your A&M GPR). However, one of the conditions of acceptance is that if you are accepted and currently enrolled in a college, you must obtain a minimum of 2.0 in the current semester for your acceptance to still be valid.</p>

<p>Yes, spring transfer, mechanical engineering, 3.9 gpa 42 hours.
Step 3 on 8/30.</p>

<p>Oh wow, I had no idea! I mean, I’m still going to work very hard in my current classes, but some of the ones I’m taking are pretty tough… well I wouldn’t say tough but very tedious and lots of homework! And alexdi, have you completed all/most of the pre reqs? I’d say you have a pretty good chance… and mtreys, done celebrating your acceptance haha?</p>

<p>Slacking on your grades would not be a good idea…yes, all done with cbks.
Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>Yeah i’m definitely not going to take school any less seriously, just brings a little relief I guess. 3.9 done with cbk… sounds like a done deal to me!</p>

<p>Anyone in Cs for the Alabama vs a&m yell and game??</p>

<p>I have 77 credits, 3.76 GPA Petroleum Engr First and Mech Engineering 2nd choice. I have completed all the classes, you know the CBKs including thermodynamics, statics, dynamics, MATLab e.t.c, You seem to be in better shape than me, Alexdi. I beleive you’d have to be accepted first before I am :</p>

<p>I normally would be but this is the only weekend I can’t go down this semester… I’ll be there for SMU next week.</p>

<p>I’m transferring into telecomm, if I decide to switch to Econ or something later, will I have to retake my Econ/math 141,142 at A&M? I’ve already taken thm at my university now.</p>

<p>Most of the people who are finding out the decisions already seem to be freshmen like me, we had to apply with the deadline of Oct 1st. , I haven´t found out mine yet but it seems like they take approximately 1-2 months to make the decisions. You´ll guys find out soon dont worry</p>

<p>Also , did you guys watched the midnight yell of the BAMA vs TAMU , it looked epic</p>