Texas A&m Spring 2014 Update Thread

<p>I was there on the field:D</p>

<p>I hope I find out this week but that’s probably unlikely…</p>

<p>I just hope I will be accepted to telecomm (liberal arts) or sociology (liberal arts) with a 3.41 GPA and 28 hours… both english, both history, both econ, college algebra, pre cal, and art appreciation done… currently enrolled in math 141/142, accounting and political science…</p>

<p>Alright new week means new decisions. Gl all</p>

<p>Been thinking the same thing all weekend^ a guy I know actually found out yesterday which was weird. 3.1 got accepted to English.</p>

<p>I’m just nervous when I don’t see an extra tab when I log in howdy</p>

<p>I don’t have extra tabs either haha but you/we could later today or later this week…I’m still not sure wether or not I should be worried.</p>

<p>I think they update howdy on wednesdays!!</p>

<p>That’s what I’ve heard, but people’s howdy have been updated on random days throughout the week.</p>

<p>Yeah there isn’t an exact date/time that Howdy/AIS update</p>

<p>I just want to hear, “oh you’ll be accepted, don’t worry”…</p>

<p>itscole - Good luck getting someone to say that on the record lol. Everyone I talked to in admissions or L/A wouldn’t say anything about my chances other than that I was “competitive”.</p>

<p>I cant figure out who to talk to besides prospective student center advisers, because the head of ungraduate in telecommunication says the departments in liberal arts dont have a hand in the admissions process… what are your stats again? and I have no idea how many students are even applying for telecom in the spring.</p>

<p>I just havent completed math 141/142… im taking them right now, so i hope that doesnt count against me.</p>

<p>itscole - I have a 3.94 with 51 hours complete. I transferred into Econ. The admissions guy I talked to said they push it to LA to have them look at but the lady in the econ. department said they (the econ department) take a look at the files of transfer students to decide. I’m not sure how Telecom is, though. Regardless of who you talk to don’t expect anyone to say, “Don’t worry, you’ll be accepted.” You could hold them to that and sue which is why you won’t heart it. They’ll just say you’re competitive if anything. And is 141/142 a mandatory for your degree track before you transfer? If it is they will reject you, at least I think.</p>

<p>I’ll ask you guys for some advice </p>

<p>I recently graduated with a BBA in Business Admin from another state school in Texas. I’m wanting to transfer to the a&m and get a second bachelors in computer science. It would be a smooth admission process but my GPA is terrible, it is a 2.4 overall. I assume this would be a massive hurdle, but is it a complete killer as far as getting accepted?</p>

<p>I have no excuse for the GPA other than the fact that I hated my major and had no desire to study or pre form well. I didn’t even buy books or attempt to read the matrial in most classes. I hated it. My commute really killed it as well, I lived two hours away with 8am classes and a full time job at home. I wasn’t able to fully participate in study groups and all that. I know it’s no excuse but I am going to cover it in my essay. </p>

<p>Do I have a shot? I earned the degree easily, no academic probation or anything like that. I just had a lot of Cs and Bs with a lot of extra credits/hours that I didn’t need, so any movement in GPA was minimal. </p>

<p>Am I wasting my time? Would I get automatically rejected? Would speaking with and admissions councilor help?</p>

<p>@mtreys no it’s not. There’s no requirements except a recommended 3.0 gpa and atleast 24 hours of transferable coursework regardless of what the classes are. I just know EVENTUALLY I will have to take math 141/142 for the degree plan. But there’s no pre requisites at all.</p>

<p><a href=“Department of Communication & Journalism – Study of information transfer through signs, symbols and words at Texas A&M University”>Department of Communication & Journalism – Study of information transfer through signs, symbols and words at Texas A&M University;
Plus the prospective student center advisers and the telecom advisrs themselves had told me just have above a 3.0 and atleast 24 hours… so I have 28 hours and a 3.41 GPA all transferable.</p>

<p>CheapSunglasses - I think your 2.4 is going to be a huge factor. If you are considered a transfer, which I don’t think you would be, there’d be no way you’d get accepted as a 2.5 is the minimum. I’d think that you would have to apply for graduate school, but I could be completely wrong.</p>

<p>itscole - I know that they usually prefer you to have your maths out of the way before you transfer but telecom probably doesn’t matter as much. I know for econ I HAD to have them completed before hand. I’ve heard that they usually want you to have both sciences out of the way but that’s not a necessity.</p>

<p>Yeah, I don’t have the sciences or the maths done. I am taking the maths right now though.</p>