Texas A&M Spring 2016 CS transfer

Hello guys,

I’m planning to apply to Texas A&M this coming August as a transfer from a local community college. I’m planning to attend their Computer Science program to pursue a bachelors in CS. I have 9 years work experience, I’m a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, and have a 3.7 GPA with 43 credits thus far. What are my chances of getting in? I don’t have any volunteer experience, however I am a math tutor in between my job and school. Thanks guys!

Hello Everyone,

I am going to apply for the Spring semester as a Petroleum Engineering transfer student when it opens on August 1 (I presume), and based on my completed courses, I would like to know what are my chances of getting in to my 1st or 2nd choice. I have reviewed the transfer course sheets for both majors already, but I’m not so sure about my chances of getting accepted into at least one of them.

My second choice is Mechanical Engineering.

Calculus 1&2- A
Calculus 3- this Fall
University Physics 1&2-A
General Chemistry 1&2-A
Composition 1&2-A
Federal Govt-A
Texas Govt-this Fall
U.S History 1&2-A
General Psychology-A
Music Appreciation-In Progress
Technical & Business Writing-In Progress

GPA: 3.92/4.00 (before “In Progress” courses)

Total hours: 55 credit hours.

I do not have any work or internship experience yet, but I do have a lot of volunteer experience. I hope the Texas A&M University transfer admissions panel focuses more on my volunteer experience and course grades and not because I do not have any work or internship experience yet.

Thanks,

Martin