Texas A&M student life

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I was just accepted to Texas A&M as a transfer student this morning, for the Natural Renewable Resources program. I'm inquiring about student life, as I know TAMU is conservative and Christian (I am neither, but in no way a bleeding heart liberal and choose not to affiliate with religion -- atheists drive me crazy) so I am wondering, with a student body of around 50,000 people, what the general vibe is on campus? What opportunities are there for Democrats, etc? Would a non-conservative really flourish there?</p>

<p>Thanks for any input. I'm more so concerned with the education so I will likely end up at TAMU, I'm just too curious!</p>

<p>With such an amount of people, there are a good amount of perspectives available. I too don’t match the sterotype of the school too well, but its much more diverse than it was in the past few decades, and more so than people tend to believe, there are the Texas Aggie Democrats on campus I believe, the vibe is usually chill, sometimes we get crazy speakers or preachers what have you, but they travel from campus to campus and even UT gets em. The atmosphere is not like UT, but its more calmer and relaxed and not too extreme in any spectrum. But do be prepared; my high school didn’t quite match what A&M is like, but I enjoy it thoroughly.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! That’s what I figured. I accepted my offer of admission last week, I am so completely thrilled to be an Aggie!</p>