Texas A&M Transfer Chances

Hello everyone, I’m currently a freshman in my first semester and I was looking to transfer to Texas A&M for the Fall 2018 semester. After this semester I will have 16 credits and after the Spring 2018 I will have a total of 37 credits. It looks like I should have around a 3.85 going into the spring semester and was wanting to know my chances to get accepted into A&M as a transfer. I’m currently Pre-Medicine/Biology and open to any agriculture or business major if that helps any.

@bmoss11 Major plays a huge role in getting in, unlike for freshman admittance. Your GPA is great. My daughter transferred after her first year and got into College of Ag with a 3.3 and 35 credits. What they are looking for in your essays and ECs is your passion for what you want to do and major in. You’ll want to meet with an academic advisor in AG and then slide that detail into your essay. BUT you’ll also have to give a nod to your 2nd choice major in your essay. If you have any questions let me know. I wish we had more info when my daughter applied. Good luck!!!

The business department will not accept you until you have completed all of their recommended business courses. GPA looks good.