Texas A&M Transfer

Hey everyone, so I applied to Texas A&M recently and I was wondering if anyone could provide input on my chances of getting in? I applied for the Liberal Arts college, as I’m an English major. I have only completed one semester of college, but have 23 credits right now and I have a 4.0GPA. I’m worried because they require 24 transferable credits and as of now I just have the 23. After this semester I will have 39 credits with a 4.0 (I hope) and I’m worried they won’t admit me because of the credit issue. Anyone who has helpful information or has been in the same situation and can help would be great!

Well with a 4.0, your chances are as good as they get. That’s practically being a shoe-in IF you had 24 hours.

But you don’t have the minimum requirements, so your chance of being accepted is 0%.

They don’t throw the word required out lightly.

They will not consider you for admission because you don’t have 24 hours.

Call admissions and ask if they can make an exception, but the website says you need 24 hours of graded work.

I feared that that would be the case… Unfortunately I think I’ll be declined, but I’ve been researching and many people said that A&M responds by asking them to send their transcript at the end of the current semester they are enrolled in. Do you think that they would admit me then?

No man, I think you’re in.
You can still send them your work before june 1st and they will consider you for an admission.
It happened to me, i had 23 too! And then got accepted after i made them 27 with 4.00 gpa into engineering. But i had to reject their offer because i decided to do something else in engineering. So wait till they come out with a decision.

This is from their website;
“Spring grades may be used in the fall admission decision if requested by the Academic College or in instances where the student did not meet the university requirements for review. Spring transcripts must be received by June 1 for review with spring grades. A complete application must be on file by March 1 to be considered for fall admission. Spring grade review is not an option for students studying outside the U.S.”

And this is the link;
http://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/general-information/admission/#transferadmissionstext

They will ask you to submit your spring grades. They won’t review you unless you have 24 credits or more.

Osaidmk1, when exactly did they let you know that you got accepted? That really relieves me, since I don’t want to not be admitted because of 1 missing credit. And what does “a complete file” mean?

Also, do you think my chances of getting a scholarship from A&M is hindered if I get accepted in the summer?

Do you think that my chances of a scholarship might be impaired if that’s the case?

Hey, sorry for taking too long to get back to you, as far as scholarships go, I have no idea about their process.
They had accepted me in mid june last year.
Don’t give up man.
I don’t know about “a complete file” status, give them a call and find out.

I wish you good luck!