Texas A&M University Chance Me!!!

• I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA, -97.95 weighted GPA (my school is too competitive to do just the 4.0 scale, but I guess it would be somewhere around 4.5ish) -My class rank is 17/132 which is top 12% -SAT score is a 1350 (690RW, 660M), -ACT is a 28 (which is low, I know). -My SAT score is just 10 points off from being an academic admit, which frustrates me. -I have had a job since January -I'm in NHS -I'm a section leader and uniform manager in my band
  • I'm involved in 4-H with showing lambs and rabbits. -In fact, my sophomore year I got Grand Champion with my meat rabbits. -During two summers I volunteered at a hospital gaining 47 volunteer hours
  • I've gotten many school academic awards.
  • I have also gone to Camp ARCH this past summer, if that has any weight. -I want to go into the Visualization program in the school of Architecture.

I’m worried because I think that I haven’t done enough, and that my grades aren’t good enough, and that I’m not a competitive applicant. I’ve already been accepted to UT Dallas and the Savannah College of Art and Design for something to fall back on, but it’s not my first choice

You will get accepted. The SAT score is just above Texas A&M’s average, your major is not as competitive, your ranking is nearly in the top 10%, and you have good extracurricular activities.

If you’re a Texas resident, then you have an even better chance.

Hello. In case you weren’t aware there is an Architecture board where other students, parents, Architects, and others are willing to help with questions, comments, feedback, etc. You may want to try that cc board. :slight_smile:

@cajk24 Surely you were accepted back on the 15th, right? Your stats are great!!!

@AggieMomhelp unfortunately not…still hopeful though

You should have no problem.

My D is second generation Aggie and Senior Viz-Lab Major and she loves it.
I would suggestion taking some drawing or art class as soon as possible. 80-90% of Arch/Viz students are very creative and most Fish has art/drawing fundamental down.

Good Luck and Gig’em

@cajk24 I cannot believe you aren’t in yet. Sit tight though. I know they have not let a ton of holistic review candidates in and haven’t even looked at a lot of them as of December. January will be a huge release month (in my opinion).

For A&M, your stats are rock solid!

@texaggie My son has applied for Spring semester for a BS in Viz.
3.8 gpa with 15 hours DC plus the 10 he’s talking now including physics.
Any advice?