Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Great Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much I appreciate it!

Will is mess anything up if you change your second choice of major in AIS while it is under review? Thank you.

No. But what are your thinking… from and to?

Still have business as first choice. Is that a bad thing since it’s full?

Thanks. Philosophy to Econ.

i don’t just just disagree with it, i don’t even believe it. our kid applied LATE to Mays and got in. I’m supposed to believe there weren’t enough 1100 kids that applied months before him since aug 1st on the first come first served to fill it up? i’d like to think there was some degree of vetting that went into that acceptance. maybe i’m totally wrong, and maybe that’s why older sibling chose McCombs, where they actually rate you on merit. but all you aggie parents know better than us, we’re just here to learn.

Was your son auto admit?

1 Like

Not every school is a match for every student and it sounds like the admissions process is a deal breaker for your kid’s decision. Good luck.

1 Like

My youngest son is a freshman at UF. He was accepted in the honors college and is an engineering major. There are certain elements of the engineering program that you can’t be involved with unless you are in the honors college, which is highly selective.

1 Like

If it hasn’t changed , it just means they haven’t made a decision on the app

Changing Phil to Econ will not move your app negatively.

I get the rub for sure. But it is the facts. Remember that top 10% get accepted first. The majority are engineering and Mays. Tamu gets over 50k applications. It’s not that hard to imagine that 1100 of them came early and were either top 10
Or super high scorers.

Review candidates that are on the bubble don’t get reviewed right when they come in. They deal with top 10. When a student is reviewed, it’s done twice and by many people. So there’s a lag.

I’ve been saying for years tho that Mays will probably go to the same process as engineering at some point. But that’s just my thoughts not based on anything.

2 Likes

@justinausten perhaps kid #2 needs to follow his sibling to McCombs. Sounds like you already have issues with TAMU and Mays, comparing the two programs. A&M isn’t the school for everyone, just like UT isn’t either (I couldn’t pay my Aggie to apply, even with automatic admission) and that’s okay! Your kid needs to love where he’s going, and at A&M the Aggies are ALL IN, 2%ers don’t cut it.
Both McCombs and Mays are fantastic Business programs, best in the state I think.

1 Like

Just curious, what are your sons stats and when did he apply? You said late… but what does that mean in term of date?

1 Like

So maybe although Mays seems to be full, perhaps some folks are borderline and/or in a queue to fill the final spots during next wave?

Obviously I cannot be positive on that, but I will say that is not likely (like at all) that there are any more spots in Mays. If they were in the queue, they would have heard this past wave. We’ve never seen Mays spots come out after early December. In fact, it’s usually done in November.

1 Like

OK, thank you. Not feeling good about it still showing as first choice then, but can’t stress about things not under our control. Appreciate all the the work you do to help keep us informed on the ins/outs of the process!

1 Like

What are the stats? I don’t see that you’ve posted them. Maybe we can give you a better idea of where you’ll land.

1 Like

Mays still shows as 1st choice for my daughter too but her TAMU admissions advisor said Mays is full and she would only be considered for her second choice as a starting point now. Maybe it won’t change until they are getting ready to offer admission for the second major as we’ve seen with others on this thread?

1 Like

What’s her second choice?