Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@LuviasTexas assume you’re talking about Blinn TEAM? Very tough (but can be done) to get into Mays via TEAM track. Need to shoot for a 3.9-4.0.
Student would go to General Studies, maybe, if they get denied, or have to reapply? Denial definitely happens.
Don’t forget that Mays doesn’t accept transfers with more than 60 total hours (that includes DC, accepted AP, all community college and A&M hours) so there’s a slim time frame to take the needed classes, make the gpa & apply (especially tough if coming in with a bunch of DC hours, student has to have a very strategic plan in place).

If you don’t meet the requirements, there are no guaranteed admissions.

1 Like

@LuviasTexas here ya go!

1 Like

Is it easier to transfer to Mays from Blinn TEAM or straight Blinn CC?

I’m also wondering what percent of Blinn TEAM students transition into Mays each year? I’m assuming/hoping they wouldn’t offer that program without thinking the student has a serious chance of success at making the 3.8.

It says here that there is “guaranteed entry” to Business with the 3.8, but some here have mentioned they need a 3.9-4.0, so how does it really work?

So a straight transfer from blinn CC is hard. Only 100 total students per year are accepted(not semester). You need a 4.0 or close to it and be positioned to move into upper level courses. This is definitely possible but apply ASAP when it opens. Have LORs and some good ECs to set you apart!

Team to Mays is in your hands. Need a 3.8 and meet the other requirements in the link above. Not sure what percentage of Mays team successfully make it. I know of one person personally. She ended up graduating from Mays with a 3.9 so she was quite the smarty pants and is probably not the norm. She did the full 2 years as team and said it saved her tons of money and she was well prepared.

With Team you are only competing with yourself.

As an internal change of major… they also only take 100 per year. My son started Econ and applied after 30 tamu hours completed. They ask for nothing on the application except grades and courses. Literally nothing else. Didn’t matter ECs no essay no thing. He was accepted the next day to start spring semester. We were shocked. He had a 3.8 and all As and 1 B in required courses and was a semester shy of starting upper level courses in business.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Any idea what TEAM students usually do who don’t get the 3.8 transfer into Mays? Thank you

They apply as a straight transfer or readmission for a different major.

Honestly yall… unless you’re doing scmt or acct, you don’t need a business degree. If you want management, you can do Human Resources with a minor n business. If you want finance, do econ or ag business and apply for a 5 year MS in finance (for non finance majors only and you start as early as sophomore year). Or do university studies in business with 2 minors to really set you apart.

Just saying… really clarify what one wants to do with a business degree. There are so many different routes to get you to the same place (in most cases).

I’m happy to help work through this with anyone. Literally do this every semester with students and parents. People don’t know all the options out there.

7 Likes

Back just a few years ago, the requirement was 3.5. By now, 3.8 means 48 hours of A and 12 hours of B. In any normal year that’s still doable, now when classes and tests may suddenly change to virtual the choice can be risky.

Mays freshmen’s average GPA is around 3.3 (median 3.5). There are Blinn students doing better than Mays students yet still fail to make it to Mays.

Not making 3.8 will require readmission application and likely to another non-business major.

The last few admission cycles already saw significant drop of students taking Pathway for Business. Students having full acceptance, major, even scholarship from other schools like UTD, Baylor and Texas Tech may not want to go through the risky process. Business school like UTD JSOM is not that far behind in ranking. So many expect the contract for Blinn for Business will eventually be gone or completely reconstructed like engineering.

Engineering ETAM process is quite different and may be fairer. Both College Station and TEAB students go through the same one-year ETAM process. If a TEAB student manage to get 4.0 while a College Station engineering student get 3.5, the 4.0 TEAB student gets to the first choice. For the 9% ETAM applicants not having first and second choice, a transfer to other universities or change of major will be likely.

6 Likes

Thanks for the detail explanation. It is important to know that before accepting Blinn for Mays.

1 Like

Where do you see that Mays doesn’t accept transfers with more than 60 total hours? I have 62 and am panicking!

1 Like

NVM you were referencing on-campus transfers (not external). My apologies!

1 Like

Two kinds of transfer

1. On campus or Blinn Team has that limit. Undergraduate Enrollment Plan 2022-2023 | Mays Business School

2. From other colleges will be different. Not all credits are transferable. So your specific number from other colleges are irrelevant, but TAMU encourage applicants to work closely with advisors, there is no need to wait until application time to start asking.

2 Likes

To add on (if I may)

external transfers are summer fall only with spring grades not reviewed. And only 100 total per year are accepted. Most have 4.0 or close from what we’ve seen in the past.

1 Like

@sayyes2021
https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan/

Assumed most on here were high school students/parents, not community college students trying to transfer in; sorry to cause you panic!
Like @ChristiR93 said above, follow transfer guidelines and timelines very carefully!

Our daughter received a package in the mail 12/20. The letter was written 12/24. She got in Mays. We are so thrilled.

2 Likes

I meant letter was written 12/14

That’s awesome!
But what kind of package and letter? Something other than the Aggie fold-out banner?

The usual admissions package: the letter, foldout, checklist, and stickers.

1 Like

Had you already been informed via email/portal?
Thanks