Texas A&M University Class of 2026

There are very few “rejections”… those typically happen if an app is incomplete or just really lacking.

PSA is the offer that goes out as a soft denial. Google this option and it will give you all the details. It’s not a bad offer and gives you a guaranteed path to admissions. It’s not my favorite path, but it definitely works for so many!

PSA came out in Feb, I believe, last year. They took down the thread so I can’t verify this.

Hang in there. There is still time for full admission or Team/Gateway!

Not necessary to attend! Especially if they don’t feel they need it!

1 Like

Aggieland Saturday in February is kind of a more relaxing visit. You can arrive early (Friday) to see how the campus look like with full attendance. NSC is a two day event, only the first day is tour and second day students will be busy taking test (MPE), meeting advisors and registering classes.
Summer is really too hot to hover around the campus (you can rent or bring you electric scooter…)

1 Like

Do you know how many students are offered Gateway?

Around 600… I don’t know if they have increased it the past couple of years.

@aalv , in your case, it’s probably not worth the out-of-state trip to attend Aggieland Saturday.

Since you’ve already done the campus tour and visited the Zachry Engineering Complex, the only things you might miss are:

• information booths from each Engineering major (talk with current students or faculty about that department)
  • information booths from clubs/organizations (but your kids will see that when school starts if they go there)
  • housing tours (or did you do that as part of your campus tour already?)
  • see Aggie Band perform up close and personal

The main presentation, “Calling All Juniors,” just talks about how to apply for admission, so that’s irrelevant to you now.

So, yeah, you won’t miss much.

3 Likes

From my read of last year’s thread, if not a full admit to College Station, the AO will send a message to a qualified applicant asking if they want Blinn Team / TEAB, Galveston or McAllen pathways, wait list, or some combination of these. The applicant would then respond with his/her choice, and as I recall, they would get what they selected like 100% of the time (i.e., the AO does not offer the option it if they don’t fully intend on giving whatever is selected). And yes, I believe people reported last year getting those messages with the options in February or so.

That is to say, we are a long way from looking out for rejections as still lots of good news to come. We are keeping eyes peeled for full admit to College Station or the “options” message.

@heather_ptasznik, what major are you waiting for? Just curious.

Please keep in mind… Only Team is offered for non engineering students. There is no other pathway except PSA.

For Engineering, some got an option of all 3 some got 2 and waitlist or variations there of. I will say the ones that made a choice over waitlist, heard back really quick. The ones that chose waitlist heard back in late March or April. Some who chose waitlist did not get anything… just fyi. I think there weren’t a ton of this scenario, but it did happen. AND on the flip side, some that chose TEAB were then asked if they wanted to be full admit.

Best bet, is to research options before they become options. Always better to be prepared, besides, it’ll make the time go by faster… maybe.

2 Likes

@FriscoDad, do they take the MPE there at their NSC or are they supposed to take it beforehand? I don’t know why I thought students are supposed to have it done before attending. Thank you!

MPE first then depends on score (knows instantly) register classes with advisors.

2 Likes

Oh okay. Thank you for clarifying. In that case, the application is misleading b/c I recall them asking my son (non-engineering major) if he would be interested in Blinn, Galveston, or McAllen, if offered. I just recall him not knowing what that question was all about. Guess I told him wrong. Shoot! Parent fail!!

Are others still playing the waiting game? DS applied to Mays in August, still waiting for a decision. He will be holistic review as we just were stationed in Texas this past summer.

3 Likes

Construction science —just like you I believe.

I looked at TEAMS and can you confirm that it does not apply to construction science majors, as the school of architecture was not listed. Thank you for all your time and guidance.

@aremom31330 what was your son’s 2nd choice major, and what are his stats, TAMU rank?
There are quite a few still waiting holistic review, you are not alone!

2 Likes

Correct.

Never heard of another major getting Galveston or McAllen. But I’ll look into it to make sure I’m correct.

So there are some majors at McAllen that a student can choose from, like Galveston, but you apply to Tamu and indicate you want McAllen campus. There aren’t a lot of majors.

For engineering, they may extend an offer from Tamu on behalf of McAllen.

1 Like

Yes. I thought that might be the case based on a question you asked earlier. I have not heard or seen anyone getting admitted yet for construction science. I am sure there are some auto admits who are in already, but none on this thread.

My two cents are there are 4 groups that have guaranteed pathway agreements through Blinn Team. The College of Architecture is not one of them, but Blinn Team is still an option. I have heard of construction science majors being offered Blinn Team. It is just not a guaranteed pathway into the major (like the other 4) upon meeting certain criteria. When the two years are completed, I am not clear on what happens next. There is no guarantee, so I guess it is like a change of major process, and it depends on whether there is room. Is that right? Or how does Blinn Team work outside of the 4 (Business, Science, Ag, and Education)?

1 Like