Texas A&M University Class of 2026

That is really cool! I have not heard of Camp Arch. I bet it will give her a leg up on her application. Definitely good luck to you guys as well. There is one other ConSci parent who has been active on this site, but yes, it is a really small major.

My son applied early August he is in 1st quarter more like 15% lots of DC,AP, NHS, lots of community service. We are still waiting. I had a question he put 1st choice BUsiness Administration 2nd Econ Liberal Arts. But is now interested in Construction Science. Would it be beneficial to change majors at this point. I wonder if it would help since Mays is very competitive. Or will it put his application back to bottom of stack if he changes major. He is accepted to Tech and Baylor already. So anxious waiting to hear from A&M. His brother is a sophomore at TAMU now.

Hi there! Mays is full so he’s in line for Econ. Since he’s still shaking Mays as first choice, they haven’t made a decision yet. Once it flips to Econ he’ll know a decision. Is coming.

I honestly wouldn’t change it now. There’s really no point. Once he’s in, you can ask for a change of major. They’ll approve or deny. All majors are competitive. Mays is just popular and first come basis so that’s why it’s full.

If you do change the majors, please let us know how it plays out!!! Hoping for the best for your son.

1 Like

If you have any doubt, contact the admission office. Admission office also reply questions via AIS within 2-3 business days in case you want something more official. You can actually ask the same question directly to AO “if May is full” and “whether changing major will affect your review chance”. AO won’t feel bothered, they actually encourage students contacting them.

4 Likes

Hi FriscoDad, these are interesting numbers, where did you find them?

when should we be expecting the next wave of decisions?

2 Likes

Just PM you the link.

2 Likes

DS22 applied back in October and got his acceptance in Engineering about a month later :smiley:. I think him being in the top 10% of his class got him an expedited review (we are OOS).
Can’t wait until we can tour TAMU this Spring Break. We have been to Texas before and always had a good time, encountered nice people and had great food :blush:

2 Likes

We are hoping next week! That’s when the first wave of the new year came last cycle.

5 Likes

@ChristiR93 , Happy New Year ! Waiting with bated breath :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a “wave” or not, but our daughter checked around noon and had the best surprise of her life - she got her 2nd choice major, AgBusiness!!! It’s been a looooong wait with her auto-admitted twin sister finding out in September.

18 Likes

Congratulations to her!! Did she get an email telling her there was an update or did she just check her portal?

1 Like

@ami5703 congrats!! What a great surprise! AgBusiness is a fabulous, super popular major.
I just looked, and there’s an Aggie Ag College Parents Page you can join (like all pages, you must answer EVERY question).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2388253054767769/?ref=share

2 Likes

She told me she received an email about housing and thought it was weird, since she knew housing would come after acceptance. So she checked the portal and saw acceptance!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info!

Congratulations - My son got accepted into Agribusiness (2nd choice) in December He also has a twin who was accepted the same day as him into Engineering. They have a lot of friends still waiting. Do you know if she checked her portal on a regular basis? No sure if I should tell the twins to have their friends check So exciting!

She had been checking regularly but it was stressing her out. I told her if she wanted to focus on her senior year (she’s an IB student so lots of extra projects and exams to worry about right now), I would check for her. I had just looked Wednesday night and there was no change. It sounds like around noon yesterday things started happening.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - I will tell the twins to have their friends check. Congratulations again!! So exciting!!!

I had my DS check this morning and still no change in Howdy. In fact, his AIS still has the red banner across the top advising Engineer applicants (even though he is not an engineer) about deferral, enjoy the holidays, and expect to hear after the new year. That banner seems stale at this point. Gives me the impression there is nobody behind the wheel steering the ship right now. But since at least one person heard good news this week, they must be back at it. So why don’t they take the banner down?

6 Likes