Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Health and Kinesiology is a large major under Education. Allied Health had about 400 freshmen this past Fall. The total can fluctuate between 250 to 450.

Health has three majors, Community, Allied and School. Allied is more natural science oriented and largest among the three. For Allied, admission is average competitive depends on course strength in science.

2 Likes

@Mha6514 this is last years Mays enrollment, 2022-23 will be the same, or maybe slightly more.
Over 2,200+ applied for Business Honors last year, assume even more applied this year.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thanks for the encouraging words! When you say “there are very few rejections” would you say if you are in the top quartile (non-ranking school), that your chances of getting accepted are almost guaranteed?

Anyone admitted to neuroscience - College of Liberal Arts? Applied in August and still waiting.

What stats are someone who gets Blinn TEAM. Anyone with experience with that. Also how competitive Is getting into Science/ physics?

1 Like

No sadly I wouldn’t say that. But i would guarantee a psa offer worst case.

2 Likes

Can you help me out? My son applied to major in HEALTH- Education and Human Development. Is that Community, Allied or School? Also, how difficult or competitive is it to get accepted to HEALTH - Education and Human Development? (It does not say ‘Allied’ or ‘Community’ or ‘School’ on AIS or Howdy for him so I was confused)

Thanks for the response!

1 Like

Biology is the biggest major at TAMU? I wasn’t aware of that - that is cheering me up. My son went to a private school in Austin, fairly large but does not rank. His GPA is 3.75. Mostly honors and AP classes. Eagle Scout. Lots of extra currics. All AP or advanced science classes. He did not want them to consider his SAT or ACT so he’s test-optional. We applied back in August. First choice BIO, second choice HEALTH - Education and Human Development. Do you have any thoughts on how his chances look for getting one or the other major? He has friends with comparable grades who got accepted already to Kinesiology so he is confused but having not heard. Maybe the lack of SAT is hurting him.

My daughter is waiting for Neuroscience (Liberal Arts) and applied in August also. Top quarter, 1310 SAT. Does anyone know if NS is a small major?

Without SAT/ACT it just delays the decision process.

Biology also have Blinn Pathway, the requirement of fulfilling Blinn is just 45 hours of Blinn with 2.5 GPA and 15 hours in TAMU with GPA 3.0. If your son gets this offer it is good (or even better) because the option saves over $4K tuition in two years. This option cannot be applied, but has to be offered by TAMU. Students can stay in TAMU campus and there are shuttles going between Blinn College’s RELLIS Campus and TAMU. Howdy will also change to 6 tabs. The offer usually shows between third week of January to the end of February.

Good Luck!

5 Likes

Could you share which majors have the Blinn Pathway or where to find that info? Several times admissions assured this year, that applying test optional would not hurt a student’s chances of being accepted. You feel that this could delay things though?

1 Like

@JulieM7 all Blinn TEAM questions can be found here-
https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Totally off topic but can anyone tell me about the safety aspect of the apartments reveille ranch? My cousin is looking to move there next semester and I wanted to see if it’s in a sketchy area. Sorry for off topic!!

@mamasev i personally don’t know about Reveille Ranch, but I just searched it on Aggie Parents FB page. Comments were all good-older complex, on the Aggie bus line (I think about 2 miles from campus), no one had complaints.

1 Like

Any ideas on the School of Education? Where might they be in the decision process?

Definitely not sketchy area. It’s on welborn road which is a direct road to campus coming in the north side.

It is older but clean. May have an access gate but I can’t remember. My son lives down the street in a house and that area can be sketchy but no real issues.

1 Like

Colleges/departments don’t make the decisions. All will come from admissions. Aside from engineering, all majors get released in each “wave”.

3 Likes