Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Crossing fingers and toes.
This process has added a lot more grey hair and wrinkles with all the worrying. Lol
If only we could see all the stuff going on in the background so we don’t lose hope.

2 Likes

@Khare Lots of freshman students on campus are part of Blinn TEAM (or TEAB, the engineering academy at Blinn/Bryan) and take the bus to Blinn Bryan 2 or 3 days a week and then the other days are spent taking classes at tamu. The ride is less than 20 minutes from main campus to Blinn Bryan, and buses are coming about every 20-30 minutes.

I don’t have personal experience but have heard that overall tuition paid is significantly less ($1000/semester??) due to Blinn rates being much lower. Its a great offer, based on others experience.

4 Likes

Agreed ! It would really be great though if they sent a message just saying that they were working on everything. The stone cold silence, since confirmation of receipt back in August, leads to people like me wondering if everything was okay with the application or if something got messed up

3 Likes

Anyone know how many Blinn Team freshmen?

1 Like

See below. The top is First time enrollment, the bottom one including continuing students.

3 Likes

Great data. If it’s a two year program, it looks like 63% retention from year one to year two over the last three years. Do some people find ways to join CSTAT full time after one year?

Note that, freshmen 2020 + freshmen 2021 (494 + 557 = 1051) minus complete enrollment (866) means 185 from 2020 left program. According to DARS these 185 were not necessarily drop out, some successfully transitioned to TAMU earlier than the 2 year plan.

2 Likes

Looks like students can apply directly to Rellis. For example, Tarlton (a tamu system school) offers a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I think the student takes some classes at Blinn and others at the Rellis campus. Has anyone applied to Rellis?

From the Rellis website…The RELLIS Academic Alliance is a University System Center, that allows multiple Texas A&M System institutions and agencies, as well as the Blinn College District, to offer selective degree and certificate programs in one location. The RELLIS Campus is not a university, students will enroll in one of the A&M System regional universities that are offering programs on site, similar to an academic satellite campus.

From the Rellis Admissions page…

How to Apply for Freshman/Dual Admissions

1. Through ApplyTexas complete and submit two (2) applications:
    One (1) to Blinn College and
    One (1) to the regionally accredited university hosting your desired program at the RELLIS Campus.
  2. Pay the non-refundable application processing fee. Application fees vary based on the regional university.
  3. Report test scores required for admission including SAT/ACT, TSI, STAAR or other state mandated standardized test and submit official transcripts from high/school dual credit.

@Eggscapgoats yes, you can apply directly to RELLIS. But, that is NOT a pathway to A&M College Station. If you go Business route, your diploma will have A&M Corpus Christi (or maybe it’s Commerce?). If you do Mechanical Engineering, your diploma reads Tarleton State, same for rings-they will be from the system schools, not TAMU.
RELLIS is hard to understand, must meet a need, but it is NOT a pathway into A&M College Station.
There are no dorms, students aren’t A&M CS students (so no sports pass, no sorority/fraternity, etc).

1 Like

Rellis is a hub for Texas A&M system schools to offer degrees and/or courses. There are not dorms or sports teams, but it does allow students to get a degree from an A&M system school while still being able to live and have experiences in a college town. For some degree plans, the A&M system schools rank quite high. (ex. Tarleton is #3 in the state for Agribusiness which is right behind TAMU-CS and Texas Tech.)

2 Likes

Yep, definitely NOT a pathway to tamu cstat. If someone is intent on living in Cstat/Bryan, it is an option. I just want to put it out there in case it is a good fit for someone and they may not know about it - I sure dont!!

1 Like

Any new admits this am? Still only 3 tabs here.

Nothing new here. Looks like another day will go by. Maybe another week. Maybe a month? Pretty frustrated here.

4 Likes

Here’s the Relllis link…

1 Like

No change for us either. Staring at same screen since 8/1 so my daughter has been wondering what if there’s a glitch and there’s a problem with the app eventhough it says complete and in review. I keep reminding her lots of offers have not gone out for many qualified kids in the same boat as her but that’s not helping her feel any better as she tries to figure out rhyme or reason why some have heard back (not auto admit) and others haven’t when academics are comparable or lower than hers.

8 Likes

My two homeschool kids were both admitted in October. We know of 3 or 4 others who’ve been admitted this year.

1 Like

Mind sharing what majors? I’m wondering if the fact that my son has 40+ credits from the local community collage that is transferable to A&M is hurting him instead of helping him. He’s maintains a 4.0 there. He applied as a history major.

Test optional or scores? if so, what score?

And what quarter was your son ranked? The 4.0 with 40 college credits looks great and shouldn’t hurt him.

Exact same here - my son’s academics better than a handful of friends of his who heard back earlier, and applied later. He and I are worried something’s wrong with his application.

He didn’t even take the SATs till December. He got all his credits done early, he was originally was graduating in 2023, so this all kind of snuck up on us. He applied the end of October. Should I have his scores sent now, will they even consider them, he only took in once?