Texas A&M University Class of 2026

No they will not look at anything after the supplemental documents/scores date passes.

What quarter? 1st?

Yes. 1st Quarter.

Sure! Mine are both biology majors with 60+ dual credits. From seeing homeschooled friends over the years, those credits definitely didn’t hurt them. The other homeschoolers we know how have been admitted so far this year were visual design and engineering and I’m not sure about the others. None of them were test optional and all had high test scores. My daughters and one of the other homeschooled kids who were admitted were all national merit semifinalists, and I’m told that gives them auto-admit status. Mine were admitted 2 and 4 days after applying, so that would make sense.

Same here. STIIILLLL WAITING on A&M to give us a word. My sons’s app was the product of 2 glitches. He applied 8/1 at 1:30 AM. The first glitch was when ApplyTexas had an issue submitting his app to A&M and they got it days later. Then he was a product of the A&M glitch where he was temporarily admitted back in September. Should I suggest he contact Admissions just to be sure all is well with his application? Or should he just carry on waiting with the rest of those who wait patiently….(clearing my throat) uh-hem…not so patiently at this point? He’s definitely more patient than his parents are who just want to know where he will be later this year. His dad keeps asking him every day, “So have you heard from A&M yet?” :crazy_face:

Definitely cannot hurt for him to call admissions. Just have him tell them he’s following up on status and wanted to make sure they have everything they need. Ask to speak with admissions counselor not just to the person answering the phone.

2 Likes

We reached out to her local advisor/recruiter for A&M and were told something generic that they are continuing to review apps and will advise between now and end of March. Didn’t look into my daughters app specifically to check but that was the canned response.

I doubt the regional recruiter has any access to the apps. I would only call cstat campus. But that’s just me being impatient. lol

4 Likes

I called College Station and the man was so kind. He said everything is good, she is in the final review stages, and should hear by the end of Jan or mid Feb. Everyone will hear by the end of March. He said still under review is great, it is better than being denied or offered a pathway. She is still in the game! I liked that optimism. Thank you for the encouragement to phone Christi. I feel better after the phone call.

5 Likes

that’s a great update. Thanks.

That’s awesome. Always better for them to have the file in front of them.

2 Likes

My being impatient also led me to call. Nice person named Colton in admission counselor line offered to look at her app. Said all looks good and reason she was delayed was the app was already reviewed once prior to Mays being full but she is now being reviewed for overall admission outside of Mays so the app went back into another round of review. Said we should be hearing something fairly soon as things are already in motion. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

To everyone who applied for Engineering EA: I just talked to an admissions counselor and she said the final batch of results for engineering EA will come out any day between today to next week so check continuously. Good luck everyone!!

5 Likes

Is he an admissions counselor? I called the admissions counselor line and spoke with someone that couldn’t give me any detailed info. She looked at his file and just confirmed that his application was complete but couldnt give us any more detail. She said if we wanted to speak with a counselor, we’d have to make an appointment. However, the counselor’s are booked so far out that it probably wasn’t worth it to make an appt to check on status.

Hmm, I don’t know then. I called the admissions number then got a bunch of prompts. One was to check the status of your app and speak to customer service but the option after that was for an admissions counselor so that’s the option I choose. The man I spoke to also advised most of the holistic reviews were just starting and a bulk of those decisions had not been made for most applicants.

1 Like

“the holistic reviews were just starting”-- wow that’s news we can all use. Thank you. This explains it. I guess by holistic means not Auto-Admit (due to being top 10 percent of public school or super high SAT score) …

This is slightly alarming. If most holistic reviews are just starting how are the admissions office going to have enough time to review all of the applications before the May deadline to commit.

1 Like

All applications should already been reviewed once. They are likely referring to the second round of review.

5 Likes

Ok that puts my mind at ease. Thank you.
Do you know how much longer it will be? I am a holistic review applicant and have been waiting since August.

1 Like

Full admission likely will end by this month with a few next month, Gateway, Blinn and other Pathways from end of January through early March. This is in line with the past may be just a week behind this year.

5 Likes

Wondering if there will be waves this year, or just small numbers of individual releases. Because if there is a big huge wave at the end, in Feb or March, the competition for dorms is going to be fierce.