Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I was looking over the class of 2025 thread today, and it says many received an email to select to be considered for waitlist, psa, team/teab, and gateway. I think we selected all that on the application, but that was in august and I’ve slept a lot since then :grin: anybody receive an email or notification about this? Hoping for some acceptances soon!

1 Like

I’m almost 100 percent sure that no letters offering these options has gone out this year yet, but could be wrong.

You won’t have an option for psa or gateway. You get psa or gateway.

You may also just be give Team without a chance to waitlist. There are really a lot of options.

And no one has received any offer for options yet this cycle. So they’re coming which is why I think that email about alternative pathways came out. They want people to know their options and what it means when you select them. Better to know without too much emotion behind it.

1 Like

Do all majors have TEAM option or is this just for certain majors?

Here’s the link. It’ll show the participating majors with guaranteed pathway requirements.

https://blinnteam.tamu.edu/

2 Likes

That’s helpful but isn’t updated for 2022.

@misterhemmings The pathway agreements might change slightly every year, but the majors participating don’t change.

That’s your takeaway? Lol. It’s all good. They will update it in due time. If it changes , it’s minor.

5 Likes

Ok. So guess what asking is some majors kids pick as first choice they do not have pathways through TEAM. Just curious how they decide to offer some kids their second major and some they offer TEAM.

Hello, son was admitted to engineering as an OOS student…we have a couple questions. He’d love to go to TAMU but it would really depend on money in the end. Has anyone done or planning to do Discover Aggieland? We’re trying to figure out if it’s worth the cost of plane tickets since we live pretty far away. Also, does anyone know what TAMU’s pattern is on out of state aid for strong students? We won’t hear back on aid until mid-Feb about aid/scholarships and will probably have to make a decision on Discover Aggieland before that. Any thoughts/insights appreciated. No one in our family has gone to A&M and this is all new to us. Thanks!

So there was not a box to check for Gateway? I don’t remember one. Just Blinn Team?

2 Likes

Definitely not a box for gateway. You didn’t miss it. They offer about 600 spots for this.

3 Likes

Think this week is the week? Super excited! We’ve waiting so long, and I’m just trying to focus on enjoying every day from now on! It is almost February of my daughters senior year!!! Thank you for always supporting us Christi!

3 Likes

They admit you first to the university. They aren’t admitting to the major. If your first choice is full you get offered 2nd choice.

Team offers are for those that Tamu feels can do the work and succeed but they just didn’t make the cut, so to speak, for full admission.

Here are the tiers for non engineering:
Full admit
Gateway
Team
Psa

Here are the tiers for engineering
Full admit
Galveston/McAllen
Teab
Then academies that you apply for.

Hope this helps

4 Likes

@Colo5 unless he’s NatMerit Semi or Finalist, I wouldn’t count on getting much in the way of a scholarship. To get in-state tuition rate, he will need $4,000 in A&M scholarships offered…not easy to do.
Might be beneficial to make an appt to speak with Financial Aid office, to see what’s offered.

We are in exactly the situation you are in. My son is OOS and a really strong student. We’ve heard pretty consistently on this forum that TAMU doesn’t really give OOS waivers except to National Merit finalists (which my son is not), and the same information was provided at a virtual meet and great for admitted students in our region. He’s been repeatedly invited to Discover Aggieland since last August, but we haven’t attended yet and are debating the same thing as you. Do we spend the time visiting the colleges that have demonstrated they really want him there, or spend the time and resources going to Discover Aggieland. I’ve also looked for information on the program, and haven’t been able to find what they actually do during those days we would be on campus.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Just people that got Gateway or everyone still waiting?

Which email?

My son is OOS….applied in early September and heard week of thanksgiving. He got his second choice Econ with a $2000 scholarship. He’s not happy he didn’t get Mays but Econ is still a choice. We shall see. Sharing because as OOS we did get some merit aid.