Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Presidential scholarship- $55k total (not a lot but apparently it’s the most that they give to OOS students.) it basically makes it almost equal to my state schools

1 Like

Still waiting as well. Her first choice is BMIS, second is Animal Science. Majors are still listed the same. My son was admitted to Engineering around this time last year, so we were prepared for the waiting game.

3 Likes

Hi y’all! I was accepted into COLA as an in-state, non auto admit Political Science major. I applied RD on 10/15 and was accepted 12/3. I have not accepted my admission however as I’m waiting to hear from UT this Friday. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope your decision is favorable and if anybody is curious about stats, I can definitely share!

1 Like

I would also add that CU and TAMU are very different campus environments. In my opinion, quite opposite in community feel. If that is important to your student and you, keep that in mind when deciding. If that is not a factor, the Colorado Space community continues to grow and I would guess intern opportunities would be plentiful. Maybe someone with more space background could offer an opinion.

1 Like

Congrats. Yes please share stats. Did you do housing deposit just in case you choose Tamu??

Yes I did! I’m hoping to stay in the White Creek Apartments if I attend. I am Top 25% but my school district only releases exact rank to the top 10%. 1300 SAT and 32 ACT with 3.76 UW and 4.87 W GPA. I had a handful of extracurriculars—not really any leadership positions—but nothing I stayed in until senior year, except for NHS and my current job. This was due to a sudden move after my sophomore year, and I made sure I explained this in my application.

2 Likes

You’re awesome. Great job and thanks for sharing. I’m sure you are going to do great things wherever you land. I do hope it’s Aggieland!!!

2 Likes

Found this gem in my photos. Here’s the timeline for aggie class of 2025

Texas A&M University class-2025

Sep 2020
September 19, 2019 (TAMU class 2024/Fall 2020) September 13, 2019 6 tabs appear for
auto/academic not majoring in engineering. Auto/Academic admits applying for engineering
began being admitted with AlS change to Congratulations! You’ve been admitted.
September 19, Applicants with 6 tabs were able to apply for housing before the official
decisions came out later that day early evening.
October (no specific date) Some review admits offered full admission
January 10 - Full Admission engineering decisions released (I did not keep stats on if they were
auto/academic admit/review admit)
January 14 - Full admission engineering review admits decisions released
January 15 - Review applicants (non engineering) see 6 tabs
January 15 - PSA decisions released
January 16 - Review applicant full admission decisions released
January 21 - Review applicants Blin Team decisions released
January 31 Engineering Applicants receive wait list notice to be considered for Galveston,
McAllen, or Blinn.
January 24 - Review Applicants receive wait list notice
January 30 - Blin Team decisions released for review applicants
January 30 - Gateway decisions released for review applicants
February 5 - PSA decisions released
February 12-PSA decisions released.
February 19 - Engineering wait list Applicants begin to receive Galveston and TAB Academy
(Engineering Blin Team) decisions
February 19 - Review wait list applicants begin receiving Blin Team decisions
February 20 - PSA decisions released

11 Likes

Thanks!!

Okay, finally something…

We were just asked to choose pathway options this morning. We can choose between: waitlist only, Blinn Team only or waitlist and Blinn Team? If we do nothing we will the PSA option in May. If we choose waitlist only we are only considered for full admission if spots open. If we choose waitlist and Blinn Team we could get either but aren’t guaranteed anything. Lol. What are your thoughts? Thank you!!

2 Likes

I checked my son’s AIS this morning-at least some movement. He is supposed to choose if he wants waitlist, team or both by March 1st. I’m a little stunned. His stats are amazing. He had chosen a very selective major first (Viz) and engineering second. Wow, it has become almost impossible to get full admit if you are not top 10% I guess… Thank goodness for this forum where I understand a bit more about Team and the other options. Guess we need to research Team a bit more…does Team fill up? Thank you and good luck to all.

2 Likes

@hstrsphnt , nothing yet for us. Although when I click on Manage Application, something flickers and goes back to “Under Review” so I guess something is up. Looks like TAMU is becoming like UT with priority given to top 10 or top 6.

1 Like

Congratulations!! Looking forward to others weighing in. If it was my DS/DD, I would strongly encourage taking the Blinn Team offer. Its a great offer - can still live on campus.

3 Likes

Right there with you. I was sure my DS would at least get his second choice major (PoliSci) when Mays filled. Strong stats, top 12%. Oh well, congrats to all who received full admit!

Just curious, for those that saw the message in AIS on pathway options, can you share what major your child has chosen? Wondering is if a specific college has started this or if it’s across the board.

1 Like

I don’t think this is an official offer yet? It says we have until March 1 to decide. It does not sound like we are guaranteed anything but PSA. But maybe they just say that and if we choose the Team route we will be accepted to that? Does anyone have experience with this “offer”?

My son who was offered the options 1st choice major is Viz. 2nd is Comp Sci. Both still listed as available.

Good question. My daughter is still under review. Allied Health and Arch. (Although thinking of changing 2nd to Molecular Bio, not sure if that will mess things up)

I see what you are saying. Based on previous years, if you chose the Blinn Team offer, then yes, the ball gets rolling for your student to be part of Blinn Team. Dont remember hearing about students picking Blinn Team, and then not getting Blinn Team. But please dont wait till March. Spots are limited for Blinn Team (and everything really), and when they are filled, they are filled. @ChristiR93

3 Likes

Great advice. So, I wonder if we choose the full admit/Team offer we may wait for full admit that never comes then loose out on Team. We may be better off choosing team only right now?

1 Like