Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My son also received the same offer this morning: was able to choose CONSIDERATION FOR WAITLIST & TEAM; CONSIDERATION FOR TEAM ONLY; CONSIDERATION FOR WAITLIST ONLY. We chose ‘WAITLIST AND TEAM’.

After I selected this, it gave me a message that 'There is no guarantee you will receive either option. If we are unable to offer you full admission to the university or TEAM, you will be offered the PSA. I am not sure what to make of this. My son is top 20 percent, all A’s with a few B’s, AP and honors classes. 3.7 GPA. Major is BIO second choice HEALTH.

1 Like

What’s your major? In the past I’ve seen those that chose waitlist only not get anything. Truly depends on your risk aversion and where the students really wants to end up in 4 years!

For my kiddo… I’d choose team and get that offer in the. Next few days.

4 Likes

@hstrphnt If your son was offered Blinn Team, then it is for Viz. Blinn Team does not equal Blinn TEAB (Engineering). I don’t know if you could slide from Blinn Team to Blinn TEAB.

My guess is that if every person receiving this message picked Blinn Team only, then yes, not everyone would get Blinn Team because there are only so many spots.

Team fills up quickly. I would choose this week and not wait til March 1st.

1 Like

For those on the fence about Blinn Team - please please understand that this is akin to full offer with slight difference being they take classes at both campuses - Blinn and TAMU. My son vied for this option that he never received. He got PSA but is now in his 2nd year @ TAMU. He really wishes that he had the option to start at TAMU vs TAMUCC - especially with the pandemic. By the time he got to TAMU, pandemic had hit and it was extremely difficult to get involved - was a very depressing year. Now finally after 3 semesters at TAMU, he’s starting to settle in.

With Blinn Team offer, your child will have the chance to settle in from the beginning…they just have one foot on Blinn campus (with so many other TAMU students in the same boat).

Take the Blinn Team and waitlist option - that way you are a TAMU student from the beginning.

I realize that this is a depressing post for those that do get PSA - if TAMU is your child’s top choice, this is a good route - plus you make really good friends with others that got PSA - my son did but his closer friends opted out of continuing at TAMU (which made his sophomore year at TAMU even harder).

Good luck to everyone!!

Edited to add that my son was top 12% in class of almost 1k, 29 ACT (took 3 times lol), a couple of ECs, NHS, volunteer hours and worked part time.

6 Likes

My message said “CONSIDERATION FOR WAITLIST & TEAM; CONSIDERATION FOR TEAM ONLY; CONSIDERATION FOR WAITLIST ONLY.” – it was not offered to ‘take’ TEAM. It confuses me that some here are saying if you picked TEAM you are immediately admitted. Is that verified?

1 Like

My daughter also received the options in AIS this morning. 1Q, 1310 SAT, Neuroscience major, applied at the beginning of August. As I recall from last year’s thread, those who chose the Blinn Team only option received admission to that program within a few weeks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks miaggie1 …I had heard that Viz does not have an alternative pathway, that’s why I assumed the TEAM choice was engineering. It is impossible (or near impossible) to transfer into that major as well.

Congrats To all that got the offer for team/waitlist/both.

From years past… only those that chose team only heard back pretty quickly. Those that chose both waited a long time like those that just chose waitlist.

There are no guarantees with the last 2 options. But if you select team only now, I would say it’s pretty mich a guarantee.

Also… and do not hold your breath on this… but last year there a few that chose team only and got team AND then in April got full admit. So that too is possible.

5 Likes

It would be TEAB for engineering not team. And your other options would be Galveston and McAllen most likely.

My kiddo had this movement today too… so you are saying you would suggest the Team only button over waitlist and Team? A&M is her top choice… Sorry for the clarification question but i’m nervous LOL

I just saw this response after my message. Thank you!

What is this based on? The options we were given do not say ‘TAKE BLINN’ they say ‘CONSIDERATION FOR BLINN’

3 Likes

I think TAMU is trying to be honest. Truly, if every single student receiving this message picked Blinn Team (or Team and waitlist?), Tamu would not be able to give everyone Blinn Team since spots are limited. “consideration” covers that scenario.

1 Like

1st Econ. 2nd psychology

1 Like

When students go the blinn team route do they get into their major at the time of admission to blinn team (so they know they got their major) or do they not get into their major until they transfer from blinn to A&M(and there is a risk they won’t get their first choice major so they might want to choose another college where they got into their major)?

That’s what I was thinking. UT has something, I don’t remember what it’s called, but I think you basically have to pick it that day because it fills in like 24 hours or something. I just remember people racing to grab it.

Does anyone here know if people who selected CONSIDERATION FOR BOTH WAITLIST AND BLINN last year never got into either?

1 Like

Same for my daughter.

1 Like