Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My kid got into Mays test optional this year. Non ranking school assign first quarter

2 Likes

Based on last year… those that chose team only got into team. Didn’t hear a single person choose this and not get in. This is what I’m basing my statement on “almost guaranteed” and will hear soon. Those that chose other options waited forever (in general).

3 Likes

Daughter got the “consideration for” options this morning. GPA 3.5 UW/4.0 W, 1400 SAT, 4 years in marching band (leadership 3 years), plus a couple other clubs at huge 6A school. 1st choice Biology, second Biomedical Science. Chose the “Consideration for Waitlist/TEAM” combo, but I’m hoping we made the right choice… would be totally fine with Blinn… so wondering if we should have chose TEAM only. Does it happen often that you get neither of these, if that’s what you chose?

Glad to finally hear something though, after such a long wait.

2 Likes

I can’t remember what the stats were for those that chose both options.

Your daughters stats are amazing!!

Nothing changed on my son’s site today. I’m also not sure what to make of that, but I was looking at last year’s timeline and wondered is it still possible to be offered full Blinn Team or Gateway acceptance if you did not first receive a waitlist offer? Or are those options only given to those that are waitlisted? I’m a little confused on that process. Thank you!

4 Likes

Team for Biology is not difficult at all. They haven’t updated the 2022 requirement but it should be the same. It just mean overflow of qualified applicants.

Below is the Blinn GPA requirement contract.
https://tap.tamu.edu/getattachment/Programs/TEAM/2021-BIOL-Pathway-(TEAM).pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

Only those Blinn contract (e.g. Blinn Team for Business) that have high GPA requirement (3.8) that you have to think about it and compare with other colleges that accept to your major.

TEAB or Engineering Blinn is different, it basically considers as accepted like CSTAT engineering as the students go through the same ETAM process.

1 Like

I have the same thoughts and questions you have.

Very close, no TEAB offer or full admission yet. The red banner still on top stating full admission spaces are available.

3 Likes

We are in the same boat. Nothing has changed on his AIS. I’m guessing we should start considering the other acceptance Options? This is kinda sad.

Does anyone have the numbers on those receiving options to choose but end up being offered PSA anyway? Just curious.

1 Like

Same exact boat here, and chose the WAITLIST and TEAM BLINN options. I have no idea if it was the right choice. Also my son’s major is BIOLOGY too.

For high stats (rank/scores) getting Blinn Team offer, that just means overflow of too many qualified applicants. Note that selecting Blinn + waitlist will mean another month or two of waiting because they will try to finalize the wait list. Waitlist is good option for those with high stats.

If Blinn Team GPA requirement is not high, selecting “Blinn only” will speed up acceptance to Blinn. Selecting Blinn only will immediately change your status in AIS to " You are being considered for TEAM only"
If Blinn Team GPA requirement is high, then you can think about comparing straight to major in other colleges or Blinn Team.

Blinn is count as admitted. So as Gateway, Galveston/McAllen.

5 Likes

I called ADMISSIONS and spoke to them about the ‘Considered for Blinn Team/ Admission’ vs. ‘Considered for Blinn Team Only’. He said it is NOT a guarantee you get Blinn if you choose ‘Considered for Blinn Team’, he said ‘No you will be considered for it.’ I asked him multiple different ways using different words and he just said it isn’t ‘Acceptance to Blinn TEAM’ – it is consideration for Blinn.

3 Likes

The wait has been the worst part so far. Glad to see some folks get something today but we still have nothing since 8/1 application. I don’t know what to make of that. Do I keep lowering the expectation bar with my daughter to prep her for a soft denial or is there still doors open? Couldn’t tell if she was disappointed or read her emotions when nothing changed on AIS/Howdy today.

1 Like

I have so much to say on this forum that I’m biting my tongue over here! But the short of it is this: my twin and I have similar stats but I put in my (very high) test score and have received excellent offers. My twin is getting even BETTER offers even though he went TO because he has INSANE leadership and EC’s. It takes more than just numbers. But if you TRULY are a rockstar, they will see that. My twin had excellent rank and GPA but is a pure EC bad@$$ and schools are loving him! It takes more than just popping out one high test score one day…he worked harder than anyone else at our school for four years. That’s the advice that I am offering.

13 Likes

@1stCollegeRodeo , our college experience in this country is only at Graduate School so all this whole Undergrad admissions is very confusing to us. Nothing has changed on AIS this morning so not sure if we should take is as a soft denial and accept admissions elsewhere. I wish they would just tell us so we can all move on.

3 Likes

Correct, that’s why the status change to

“You are being considered for TEAM only”

Very good that you call. Many applicants are too hesitant to call. Admission office are very willing to explain.

Note that when applicants are offered such option, that means academically they are qualfied. So “being considered” most of the time will mean getting the order of acceptance. So for most applicants, if offered, don’t ponder too long to pick their choices.

1 Like

@tgieske I’ve lost track, have you & your twin been accepted to A&M already? If so, what majors?
Absolutely agree that consistent hard work-in academics, test scores, volunteerism/community service, leadership etc is key!

Im OOS, first choice allied health, second choice psychology and got the options as well. If we received options, should we be prepared for not gaining a regular full admission in the next week or two? Im on the fence about Blinn team considering I was accepted to some other awesome schools, but A&M has been my dream school and want to opportunity to go. Just trying to understand all of this and what it means for admissions.

Yes. Engineering for me (and I won’t post anything specific about my twin). I’m watching this site for my cousins sake now. (Don’t think he’s going to get it though because it’s business and Mays is tough for people not in top 10%)

1 Like