Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yeah I’m assuming the worst, but I tend to do that, ha. But I’m not sure what to make of the no change in status.

Son got full admission yesterday! Congratulations to everyone getting offers !

13 Likes

Not for me, can’t speak for others though.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congrats on Engineering, @tgieske!
You are probably correct about the cousin wanting Mays.
I saw your mention of getting offered $55k (I think to CU?). That’s OUTSTANDING! Definitely not shabby. My Aggie is President’s Endowed Scholar, the highest academic scholarship offered (outside of NM, Need based). It’s $12k total plus $1,000 study abroad stipend. That’s BIG at A&M! So be VERY proud of the $55k!
I love when hard work is noticed & rewarded😊 Sounds like you & your twin have some fabulous offers & choices!

1 Like

@PlanoAggies he got Mays yesterday, or the cyber security 2nd choice? Either way, congrats!!

For everyone considering Blinn TEAM/TEAB, I have to tell you it is a wonderful program. It is almost exactly like being a full admit and no one even cares if you are or aren’t. I say this with experience because my middle son was TEAB and lived in Mosher and had all the same constraints as a full admit (parking passes, dorm selection, roommate selection, class selection, etc). The bonus which was huge for me (and him), TEAM/TEAB will save you about $4000 a year in tuition. At the end of his college career, he will have a TAMU diploma and all of his classes that he really cares about (upper level classes) will all be at A&M. And as I said in a previous post, he never felt that the Blinn classes were substandard and didn’t set him up for success at A&M. He is currently a senior with a 3.7 GPA.

13 Likes

Just an update for everyone here but the red banner has just changed from engineering early action deferrals to " ATTENTION FRESHMAN APPLICANTS: Most students should have an admissions decision by mid-March. Continue to check AIS for updates"

3 Likes

@D_B2 , I just saw that banner. I guess for those of us who haven’t had any status change this morning, it is time to move on :frowning: I’d rather they send a rejection than to keep the kids hanging until March.

7 Likes

Honestly I’m losing hope too but I’m still hanging on as it has been my dream school for a long time. I wish they did too but I’m sure there’s a reason for it despite the frustration it causes. Hang in there, I’m sure you’ll get your decision soon as well! :slight_smile:

Those are great scores and stats! Weird… I’m curious did he submit an ACT or SAT test score?

For everyone about to jump off the cliff, this is the process every year. Full admits then alternative admissions (Blinn Team/TEAB and Gateway) then PSA then Rejects. Right now it appears they are beginning alternative admissions. In the past it is not unheard of for some full admits to still trickle out when alternative admissions are going out. The message is that this isn’t unusual and you just have to wait it out. There are still great spots still to be handed out so hang in there. Lots of times when you think you don’t have any more patience, God will show you that you do.

14 Likes

For those who who are still waiting…maybe our kids still have a chance at Gateway. I haven’t seen any movement on those offers yet. Let’s not loose hope!

And maybe it’s just not meant to be and they will be fine elsewhere! I’m amazed at the impressive stats and effort all of your kids have shown in high school, despite these crazy times! There will be a great place for all of those who are motivated to succeed, even if it isn’t at A&M.

10 Likes

Yes! Is gateway still an option at this point?

Definitely! I appreciate those words and I’m sure that what’s meant to happen will happen even if it doesn’t seem right at the time. I hope that your child gets offered admission at A&M and that they end up going to the best place for them! Who knows, maybe admission results will come soon for us all, definitely praying for that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Gcampion , from all the options that students were offered this morning, haven’t heard any gateway yet so maybe there is still hope.

1 Like

So the portal just changed from where it was this morning for my daughter. She checked before she left for school and it changed since. She also got the options just a bit ago. She choose “TEAM” only. She really wants A&M and was afraid if she went Waitlist in any option, she could go PSA. I suppose that’s still a chance given TEAM is not guaranteed but it seems more likely to get something if we don’t want more risk and more waiting? I hope I advised her to do the right thing.

7 Likes

Is it good that we havent heard anything in AIS. Does it still mean we have a chance at full admission, or should we start considering our other options. I am an OOS student who visited this past summer. I have loved A&M since 6th grade and I couldn’t really see myself anywhere else.

Me too. No offer and I’m stressed to the max reading everyone else’s offer! :cry:

2 Likes

So far TEAB/Galveston/McAllen decisions have not been released yet.

For engineering applicants, if engineering is full, it will show in AIS and a choice of TEAB/Galveston/McAllen will show.

2 Likes