Texas A&M University Class of 2026

What major?

She was Mays/Econ as second choice.

1 Like

Wondering the same!

1 Like

My daughter just chose the TEAM only option as well for the same reasons. Hope they hear back with a TEAM admission soon!

3 Likes

Wow, got into UT Austin Business yesterday, then given the alternative admissions options which seems like rejection from TAMU today lol

6 Likes

DS received the TEAM/Wait list option this morning on AIS. Major is Construction Science. Top 13% (large 6A school). 1350 SAT (720 math 630 verbal). EC’s were not too bad, but at the end of the day, probably not enough.

I have no idea what he wants to do. He had a Stats test this morning, and I am dying to hash it out with him. They say once you select an option it cannot be changed. Stress.

2 Likes

What is second choice?

Construction Science has no Team contract but the major invites a lot of transfer with 2.5 minimim GPA (3.0 more practical). Last two year had more transfer than freshmen admit.

Selecting “Blinn only” may get Blinn decision earlier. If including waitlist likely will have to wait longer (Feb to April).

1 Like

Thank you! We are holding on with lots of hope as TAMU is his first choice and his sister and brother are there now. He took the SAT once and got a 1360.

@KleinCajun I like your attitude! We are in Klein, too.

1 Like

We are still waiting for our son as well. He chose Econ/Const. Sci. Honestly, hoping for Gateway. Our oldest (c/o 2024)was admitted that way. He found out Feb 1, 2020, after all the Team Blinn offers went out. Fingers crossed! Similar stats, but oldest was an Eagle Scout.

2 Likes

I also thought Architecture had no TEAM contract but look what I found (see link below). So the TEAM choice could lead to eventually being in that major it looks like, although for VIz it says space is limited so I wouldn’t count on it. My daughter was CAP’d at UT years ago, but didn’t choose it because she had so many college credit hours it hindered her. I’m wondering if it’s the same for TEAM. If you already have 20+ hours of dual credit/AP hours, wouldn’t you just be retaking some of the same classes at Blinn? Thanks.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Change-of-Major2/Architecture

I’m seeing on Facebook that done child wasn’t accepted and received an email that stated that admission limits had been reached at College Station. :frowning:

@ahsuli when did you apply to UT? If I recall, you applied to Mays only in late November, correct?
You should take the McCombs offer, that’s great!

2 Likes

I spoke with an admissions officer just now (I was offered the Blinn TEAM/ waitlist options- chose the waitlist and Blinn option), and he said that choosing the option for both does not hinder your Blinn acceptance. He said “Blinn and waitlist make their decisions independently, and not on a first come basis- it’s based on strength of application”. He said you won’t be strung along waiting for a full admission spot while TEAM fills up, that you could be accepted to Blinn tomorrow and not hear back from waitlist until April.

8 Likes

That’s a weird way for him to say it that it’s done independently. The same people are making the decision on all offers. Blinn does not make a decision.

I will agree with you’ll hear from Team first if that’s what you choose only.

3 Likes

@ChristiR93, @FriscoDad , if there hasn’t been any update on AIS today, does that mean that it is pretty much over for full admissions/gateway? what could be the holdup if other students with more or less similar stats have received an offer and some haven not? is it dependent on the Major/Department?

@olivia_vogt did you speak to a student answering Admissions phone? That is a super strange reply.

1 Like

It ain’t over til it’s over. Engineering hasn’t gone yet. I guarantee gateway hasn’t either.

I don’t know if they are going by dept/major right now or what. Meaning is it just for majors that have a guaranteed pathway with Blinn or is it all majors.

And yes to whoever asked about having too many credits to be considered for team. That is a thing.

3 Likes

I also got the choices today and I chose BLINN team only. Do you think it’s possible for my to be able to get accepted to BLINN soon but then get full admission later, like in March or April?

I think he was trying to emphasize that your choice of Blinn TEAM only or waitlist and TEAM does not impact your outcome. It was very strange though.

2 Likes