Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Congrats to all who saw a movement yesterday…nothing for my son except for changed banner.

He has applied for Comp Sci as 1 choice and Comp Eng 2 choice major. Applied the last day of priority admissions - maybe should have done a few days before that…but seems like he will hear back in March regular cycle :-/

Saw a engineering major received 7 tabs this morning. Hopefully many more to come.

4 Likes

@92Aggie nothing can be added to the application after the admission deadline.

2 Likes

I can verify that as my son became Eagle Scout late December, and I sent a message/ document through AIS but they wrote back and said they wouldn’t let me add it.

2 Likes

Yesterday my son received the options of being considered for Waitlist and TEAM, being considered for TEAM, and being considered for Waitlist only. We chose ‘Waitlist and TEAM’. This morning it still says ‘You are being considered for Waitlist and Team. There is no guarantee you will get either…’ and basically saying by March 1 if they can’t find a spot then he will be offered PSA. I have to ask… anyone know if they did this last year, and if anyone who did go onto the Waitlist and Team found a spot either as a full A&M student or a Blynn TEAM student? Last night my son was giving up and thinking of his second, third, fourth choices . He thinks it’s futile.

1 Like

Last year they did this offer game. And there were plenty that chose waitlist only and or both and didn’t get in (got psa). Those that choke Blinn team only, got Team rather quickly.

3 Likes

was it a lady from admissions?

Yes! I spoke to an admissions counselor directly.

If he did Engineering Early Action he should receive his decision this week as that is what I was told by the admissions counselor last week. Good luck!

We have been going through this painful wait as well… I read through last year’s thread to get an idea of how it all played out. If you have a strong pot of coffee (or whiskey?) you can comb through it and see who got the offers and where they landed. I was nutty enough to write down names and make lists! HA!!!

What @ChristiR93 said is true. Those who chose Blinn TEAM only heard back within 2 weeks. The ones who went with options were made to wait another month, and I’d say it broke into 1/3s… A third got full admit, a third got TEAM, and a third got PSA.

We chose TEAM only since we would be happy with that and can not wait another day! Good luck to you and your son. I totally understand your frustration!

9 Likes

We woke up to 7 glorious tabs this morning. My DS applied to engineering and got his application in back in early September. He’s 2nd quarter (his school does not rank) holistic review with the following test scores (1470 SAT 760 math 720 EBRW) and a fairly rigorous course load heavy in math and science. His overall GPA was average but his math and science GPA was strong. His ECs were average but his essays were pretty solid (we thought). On his AIS, it says Engineering at Blinn, location: College Station and Degree: BAC. We did not see anything under the 7 tabs to sign up for housing but it could be that we are so excited and happy that we can’t think or see straight. For those still waiting, good luck. This forum has been so great and supportive. Would have never survived this long wait without this community!!!

15 Likes

Congratulations! Looks like TEAB offer starts rolling!

4 Likes

@e2e congrats! That’s TEAB! Keep checking portal for link to sign up for Housing, it’ll show up soon, if it hasn’t already. It’s a couple step process, so make sure he completes it all the way.

3 Likes

I remember reading to get your deposit in ASAP for housing but we don’t actually get the housing at that time, right? It’s just a place holder for you in line?

2 Likes

Paying the non-refundable $75 application fee secures a bed on campus, and gets you in line to select a dorm later in the spring. Selection is based off time stamp Housing fee is paid. During Phase 2 he will list/rank a couple dorms…but that is truly pointless. The actual dorm selection won’t be until late April/probably May for your son.

so just pay the $75 fee today asap and wait, right? thanks so much. we are so happy that i can barely even type correctly so please forgive all my mistakes.

1 Like

praying we get in! what r ur stats?

2 Likes

You have to complete Phase 1. All of it and pay the $75. You’ll get an email saying it’s complete and give you date and time for phase 2. IF you don’t get this email… you didn’t complete phase 1!!!

3 Likes

@EED88 I’m losing track of people :joy: Have you (or your student?) been accepted? You can only pay Housing deposit if accepted. If yes, definitely pay the $75 fee asap, then the next step will be Phase 2 in a couple weeks. You’ll know you’ve successfully completed Phase 1, if the prompt tells you to wait for Phase 2 next.

2 Likes

15 tabs/drop downs showed up all of a sudden this morning under Applicant……Please tell me it means what I’m praying it means!

2 Likes