Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@e2e perfect!! Just remember Phase 2 is absolutely useless-I Promise-what he lists has no meaning at all. I suggest between now & Easter, if you’re able, get to campus and take a Housing tour. Even if you’ve taken one before, take it again. Your son will need to have many options, as he’ll be fairly deep in the Housing selection. If he can find a roommate with a higher selection time, he’ll get pulled up with him. But if not, it is definitely wise to have a plan in place, have all the dorms ranked & listed, not go in blindly.

1 Like

@Jmdies I don’t know much about Liberal Arts, I’m a Mays/BH mom. I don’t know that it affects incoming freshman/admissions, but Liberal Arts will fall under the new College of Arts & Sciences, starting Fall 2022, per President Banks new plan/reorganization.

2 Likes

I called the main admission line phone number. The woman was very nice but you can tell they’re getting the same question over and over lol.

I called as well. Got the same generic response of ‘app is complete and in review. You will hear between now and mid March’.

When calling, it is better to ask question that doesn’t trigger generic answers. A good way is ask directly if a major is full.

3 Likes

i’m in 1st quarter with a 4.28 weighted

I’ve got 15 minutes before I board a plane. I’m hoping everyone has been answered so far this morning. So much going on for sure and lots of decisions (personal) to be made. Ask questions, do your homework and soul search. It’s all going to be okay but best to go into anything with eyes wide open.

7 Likes

Awesome good job!!

He did submit his application on Oct 15th…not sure if that would be considered early action or not - as our tour guide mentioned that there is some glitch on online transfer of applications to their system and it takes a few days. Oh well, the wait game is on

Was everything processed by October 15th including the SRAR and any additional documents that you provided? If anything was processed after October 15th (such as letter of recs, the SRAR, etc.) it would go into the regular time frame even if the application was submitted on October 15th according to the counselor.

I also have these tabs. Is that a good sign or does everyone under review have them?

I have them too. I thought the tabs indicating an acceptance is coming soon are 7 in number and not five and are on the main howdy portal page.

1 Like

Great! In Howdy, look in MY REcord and then Unofficial Transcript. There might be insight here on major and location

Sorry, misread your comment - was thinking you had 6 or7 tabs in Howdy

Everyone under review has these ones! The ones that indicate an acceptance are about 5 or 6 and they are in the main section now as a drop down in the small sections. If you have these three main tabs only then it’s still in review, however, if you see 7 tabs total there it means you have been accepted. Hope that clarifies it!

2 Likes

These ones are the ones everyone has, you are correct in that an acceptance coming soon should be around 7 in number on the main howdy portal page. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

do you think it will be tomorrow since it’s a friday?

I sure hope so!

i really hope so. you said something about the tabs changing at 7:30 right?

My son is also waiting for COSC admittance. He did not get the message about choosing a waitlist option. Wonder if that’s good or bad?

Yup 7:30 AM CT, that’s how it was in the past