Texas A&M University Class of 2026

So my student woke up to AIS saying they can choose between Blinn, McAllen or Galveston and then be considered with their choice. I think Blinn will be the choice, but does anyone know how long it takes to hear back on this? Posting a picture for clarity. Also what is the admission rate on this? Do most get their choice? Or do they get PSA instead?

2 Likes

Something to highly consider here, is that admission to TAMU Galveston, is considered full admit.

3 Likes

@misterhemmings no one is saying there’s a specific date when you’ll hear back. The pattern has been that those who selected both-Waitlist & TEAM consideration-seem to wait longer, vs those who select TEAM consideration only. And you could still get a PSA offer.
Every application is handled individually. You can call Admissions office every day, and you might get a slightly different reply every time.
The Admissions page states those who aren’t Auto Admits will most likely get a decision between January - March.

Ok that is something to think about. Will discuss it at length this weekend. Thank you!

1 Like

I hear ya. But in my case, I don’t want my SECOND choice. This is MY life and wouldn’t want TAMU telling me which choice I get. Just my opinion. I just think so many people get obsessed with the idea that they have to go to TAMU, no matter what. Well, maybe some other schools is going to give you your major and overall be a better option!

16 Likes

There is no fixed set of days for waitlist, but waitlist likely has a queue (or it won’t be called a list), the queue can be short depends on majors (a big or small major).

Overall waitlist will need to wait longer because admission will need to guage full admission. Even though deadline to accept admission is May 1st, by end of March, TAMU should be able to estimate based on how many register for NSC using historical percentage. If major is full, waitlist will go to Blinn queue, if Blinn is also full, then PSA. In the past, some picking “waitlist only” got PSA.

“Blinn only” was faster (in last two admission cycles) likely because it was an open queue.

If your question is whether Blinn get another (third?) review (since the wordings about “consideration”), not likely this year as offers normally made after two reviews (except auto and high stats), but next year (TAMU reorganization?) can be unpredictable.

3 Likes

All three options are counted towards TAMU admitted numbers.
TEAB is similar to full admit to CSTAT general engineering, stay in the TAMU dorms, and TEAB students go through the same 1 year ETAM process so TEAB is considered overflow of CSTAT general engineering.
TEAB students can ride free shuttle (15 minute ride) to Blinn relatively new RELLIS campus for Blinn classes.

2 Likes

@KeetsMom If an offer is made to make a choice between Blinn/Galveston/McAllen, it is a done deal when they choose (at least that is how it was in 2019). Unless you wait too long and that choice fills up. In 2019, when my son picked Blinn TEAB, he got his acceptance in a few days after he picked.

3 Likes

Please remind me, how does Gateway fit in to the decision options?

Thank you!

Any chances more decisions will come out today? No movement at all on AIS for my DS. This wait is making us nervous when most applicants have been given some options :frowning:

Everything about this year has been a little different. Coupled with TAMU getting record applications as well. I know based on the past, those who chose TEAM only, heard back sooner and got TEAM but I am still setting my daughters expectations it is not a bird in the hand until you have it. She’ll be disappointed all over again if they come back with PSA honestly. She has started seriously looking Baylor and submitting additional scholarship apps as well as looking into how to negotiate tuition, meeting with current freshman to learn about their exp there, and after months of saying no….asking for a weekend trip to Waco. I think deep down, she hasn’t given up on A&M but is heartbroken on some level eventhough I tell her they didn’t say “no” but they didn’t say “yes” yet is how she sees it.

4 Likes

Gateway is considered full admit, start school earlier in Summer II session with 2 classes getting GPA 2.0+ will enroll full admission in the Fall.

2 Likes

@misterhemmings You can read through last year’s thread right here… I hope this link works! TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision - #1461 by mlorenzo

Start reading around January and you can see for yourself what happened. You can follow those who chose waitlist only, TEAM only or both. It helped us see exactly how everything played out. Good luck!

1 Like

@1stCollegeRodeo daughter applied for Mays, correct? I’m a Baylor grad (Education, not Business) I’d be taking her to Waco stat for another tour & visit! Outstanding business school, killing it in sports, I-35 construction thru Waco is close to completion and the campus is gorgeous! Plus they want her!
Sic ‘em Bears!

8 Likes

TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision - #1495 by sainila. I think this is the beginning of last January 2021… you can start reading here all the way through May to see where people landed with their choices.

My daughter was accepted into Baylor in November for Pre nursing. We are waiting on TAMU still, but think we are putting her dorm deposit down soon. I do like that Baylor has an actual pre nursing program unlike TAMU. Any helpful hints for Baylor? (Husband and I are Aggies, so don’t know much about Baylor and Waco)

Thank! That sounds encouraging. I’m going to talk to her when she gets home and we can research and hopefully she selects a choice today.

1 Like

@Courtney_Livingston it is EXTREMELY difficult to get accepted into A&M Nursing. Crazy hard, super small program. We have lots of friends either currently in the Baylor Nursing program or recent graduates. Two years in Waco pre-nursing, 2 years in Dallas. They all live by each other in Dallas, take classes together, it’s like their own mini campus.
Freshman are required to live on campus at Baylor. They have switched up their Housing selection pretty often, so I’m not sure how it works? I have a friend with 3 kids, 2 are there right now, and they system has changed for all 3 kids.
If my kid were wanting Nursing, I wouldn’t let them go to A&M. It’s truly a crap shoot to get in the program. Sooo many apply the 3x, don’t get in and either transfer to another school or graduate from A&M, then do an accelerated Nursing program somewhere else.

3 Likes

@1stCollegeRodeo When I read through last year’s post, I’m about 99% sure most of the TEAM only were admitted within 2 weeks. Go read through it yourself :slight_smile:

We are in the same boat with OU as our backup. My son has a sure thing of Business there, and most likely a TEAM offer at TAMU in which he will have to make a 4.0 to get into Mays.

My son got into Baylor Business too, but honestly it’s a little too $$$ for us!! I’ve heard AMAZING things about their program though! I bet your daughter will thrive if she lands there. It’s SO hard to know what to advise… Right there with you!

2 Likes

The smaller classroom size, 20k undergrads, stellar sports…all that is appealing to her if we can get the price down. We got 2 more to put through college and maybe want to retire too. I just can’t stomach her being $100k in debt at graduation. We are in Austin so Waco is closer than CS for us.

3 Likes