Texas A&M University Class of 2026

That’s very unusual unless you are OOS.

@CTTAMUDAD , my friend’s son got PSA 3 years ago just before Spring Break in March.

What major?

Business/Accounting.

Two years ago, TAMU AO executed PSA that eventually they said was “kind of wrong”. That’s the first time they tried out the Blinn/Waitlist/combo process and for no particular explanation they pushed some PSA before the Blinn/Waitlist and TEAB results. They could not retract that as many students either went forward with PSA or withdrew completely. Some appealed and got decision reversed. Regional counselors confirmed in last year summer presentations that this would not happen again (traditionally PSA is for last single batch release in March).

4 Likes

I remembered that was like a Thursday in January 2020 my oldest kid had a few friends withdrew after getting PSA. A&M tried to reach out over the weekend stated that was some mistakes. I think 2020 was the record year of total undergraduate application and 2021 actually went down.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that my DS was one of the ones whose portal showed “admitted” back in October for a day or so before they reported it was a glitch. This week he was offered to choose waitlist, TEAM or both for next phase of waiting. I wondered about others who received that “glitch”. Anyone else? Just curious.

My older son received the same three options in 2019. However the Blinn option was grayed out. It was full. He ended up at A&M Galveston. Just something to keep in mind

1 Like

My son received that email this time last year and chose both. We got a Blinn Team offer mid-February. Keep the faith!!! He’s going to apply to leave Blinn Team early and be full A&M the fall. It’s a FABULOUS program!!

3 Likes

The “admitted” glitch happened to everyone in September in Howdy and TAMU quickly corrected it.

Everyone? Hmmm. Back then it only seemed to be certain applicants. We had a a whole thread about it.

It was everyone, in Howdy says “Admission offered”, it was a mistake and never triggered AIS update. Someone alerted admission and they immediately reverted all.

1 Like

Did it show Mays as first choice all the way up to when he got PSA? What was second choice major.

Thank you!

Correct.
We received it and were admitted, so has nothing to do with whether or not you would subsequently be admitted/rejected.

1 Like

Blinn Team although claimed to be two years with 45 credits in Blinn and 15 at TAMU, many students transition to TAMU in less than two years if you have AP/IB/DC and if the Blinn contract doesn’t require very high GPA. The GPA requirement can vary each year so if the GPA requirement rises, it is better off to retake those classes to boost GPA.

My daughter will start at A&M in the fall. She’s a Health major with hopes of going to nursing school. If she doesn’t get into nursing at A&M, she will graduate from A&M with her Health degree (and get her Aggie ring) and then do an accelerated nursing program. It’s a win-win. I graduated from A&M in 1994 with a BIMS degree and then attended nursing school, another two full years. I was so prepared for nursing school, it was what worked for me.

Totally disagree! You can be an Aggie and a nurse. Her path may just be a little longer. Now, with the accelerated BSN, it’s even more doable. Don’t give up!!!

@lmmarti1 have your daughter start NOW-getting her pharmacy tech certificate, earn CNA, become EMT certified-one of those. Have her get a job at a pharmacy. The more experience, medical things she can add to her resume, will help.

Received the “Admission Offered” glitch in Howdy last September

Application was holistic review

Received “Alternative Admissions Decisions”email last Friday

Yesterday, received full admission in AIS to TAMU College Station - Engineering for Fall 2022!!!

18 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like